Audi TT The Audi TT line, in both the coupe and roadster combines Audi's All Wheel Drive performance with the feel of a European sports car.

before i go to the dealer

Search this Thread

Old 05-22-2008, 01:10 AM
1st Gear
Default before i go to the dealer

im not ASE or anything but i can fx alot. I have this very wierd problem. i can turn left no problem but as soon as i hot aroun 40 and i turn the wheel a slight bit righti get a vibration like either somethings broke or rubbing. I changed that axle case some one said that might be the problem, so i did it and when i tighten it up good the triple roller joint cover n the end of the xle on the inner joint plate gets like annialated and the hinges loosen. been driving it since the switch still vibration. a little grease came out of the axle from tht covr so im just going to torque the axle a little tighter to hopefully stop that greae leak, i dont think the joint went bad over night unless that vibration is whats killing the axles. I took it to 2 places so far with no help. im starting to get frustrated, if theres anything i should look for under the car and how to do so please let me know. also when i say a sliht bit right i mean if the wheels straight and i tap it right bam!, anyway also when im laying under the car and i grab the sway bar i can actuallypull it back and forth well side to side, i was recmmened to change the bushings on the subframe that hold it. I plan to do that saturday, while i try and hammer that cover back on tight to the axle. so if its not the axle, and maybe not the swa bar what else would anyone looks for? and how to check. thanks.