Audi TT The Audi TT line, in both the coupe and roadster combines Audi's All Wheel Drive performance with the feel of a European sports car.

Best Detailing Products ?

Search this Thread

Old 08-23-2007, 10:33 AM
1st Gear
Default Best Detailing Products ?

Looking for input. I love my black 225, but the clearcoat has some fine haze and swirls that I want gone. I've been reading up on Klasse and Zaino products(All-in-one andacrylic glazethat sound promising, but can't find any retailers (besides mail order).

Any first-hand testimonials on great finishes to use? I've gone the clay route and have been a Meguires fan for some time, even tried Zymol (unimpressed however), but am looking for a better solution. I have DA orbitals and a good rotary buffer and know to stay away from anything but "real" 100% cotton cloths.

Old 08-23-2007, 11:22 AM
1st Gear
Default RE: Best Detailing Products ?

3m FTW!

Old 08-23-2007, 11:24 AM
1st Gear

Do ya know to stay away from cotton altogether? I've used Pinnacle with great results using the PC DA and foam pads. No swirls or haze.

Old 08-23-2007, 11:25 AM
1st Gear

http://www.3mestore.com/exterior-car-care.html

Some of the stuff you will have to go to a "car" place and have them order it for you...
The bug and tar remover is the SHIZZ IT!!!

Never used the car wash, but I haveused almost everything else from them.

Old 08-23-2007, 01:43 PM
4th Gear

zaino... the car show kit for like 115 bucks or whatever does a real nice job

Old 08-23-2007, 02:27 PM
SoCal Crew Member

ninjaaa, clay bar + micro-fiber towels!

Old 08-24-2007, 11:45 PM
1st Gear

Meguires number 1 on a wheel and compound pad then use number 9 (swirl mark remover) on a compound pad then machine glaze with a black pad. Use only microfiber!!! Nothing else.

Or 3m Perfect it 2 Medium Rubbing compound with Compound Pad.
3m Finess it Swirl Remover on Rubbing compound pad.
3m Black Polish Pad Glaze Machine Glaze Polish

Im a painter for a living. These have always worked very well for me. Need someone to rub it out? Where you live?

I;ll make that TT look like glass!

Once you get it buffed out 1 time you just keep it up with wax jobs and microfiber towles.

Old 08-25-2007, 04:46 PM
2nd Gear

Check out Zymol
They also sell it on amazon and a bunch of other places too so you can shop around for good prices.

they have a lot of vehicle specific waxes and products that are designed based on the chemical make-up of the different paints used by different manufacturers. they have a lot of color tone specific waxes too. Its a very wide variety as well for different budgets. Anywhere from $15 a jar to $7,200 a jar. (very specialized stuff for people with obscene amounts of money. All in all though their products are great and unless you're looking for a 1996 Pebble Beach car show trophy wax, you wont pay that much. I like how they design different waxes for different paints though.

oh an +1 @ Zaino Bros. I use them too.

btw... Zymol has a big cleaning & waxing kit too.

Old 08-25-2007, 07:23 PM
3rd Gear

For paint correction, nothing I have used beats Menzerna products, it's OEM factory products for BMW, Mercedes & Audi.
http://detailersdomain.com/
106ff & Finial polish II will make the paint gleam, then top it with FMJ.

What kind of pads do you have? If they are old, or dirty, you might want to invest in some new pads. Black is the MOST PITA to look good, it just takes the most time & most finesse. Most black cars, need a good cut (rotary) with a medium cut pad. Then FPII with the PC with a light cut pad, then use the finishing pad for FMJ.

Zymol is great on a cared for car, it is the BEST Wax out there. The downside, it doesn't last long, & is very expensive.

Old 08-25-2007, 09:10 PM

I'm very happy withZaino..[/align][/align]

Quick Reply: Best Detailing Products ?