Audi TT The Audi TT line, in both the coupe and roadster combines Audi's All Wheel Drive performance with the feel of a European sports car.

Bit of a rant

Search this Thread

Old 09-19-2006, 04:05 PM
4th Gear
Default Bit of a rant

So I took my car in for an oil change to the stealership because I get 2 years of free oil changes.
Sweet deal right... I have a 9:30 am appointment and I get there early make sure I can get back to work on time.
So I'm sitting in the waiting room watching my soap and the mechanic and service guy come walking up to me(this is never a good sign).
They inform me that they need to put a new oil pan on, b/c when they received the car and did the inspection they noticed a small leak and ordered a new one.
But the car was sold before the part came in... Now the steam is shooting out of my ears!
I kept my cool and ask why I wasn't notified when the part did come in, and if there was any damage due to the leak.
I get the run around, "Oh I don't know Ms.Doslop you should of been, don't worry your car is fine!"
They really must of thought I was an idiot.
So I asked to speak to Kurt the guy who sold me the car.
We had it out for a good 30 minutes and I got him to give me a refund for $500...
After threatening to call the better business bureau!
Not to mention they didn't finish my car until 2 pm!!!
I doubt they had the part and probably called around to find one.
Regardless I managed to get paid for the time missed from work, and got my car fixed for free.

Old 09-21-2006, 01:06 AM
5th Gear
Default RE: Bit of a rant

at least it turned out semi-alright in the end. Dealers are headaches, I totally avoid them as much as I can. I've blacklisted 2 Audi dealers in the area for their crappy service.

My headache now is getting my radio unlocked. I accidentally ran the battery dead, which locked the radio, and the code in the manual isn't unlocking it. Im guessing the previous owner had the radio replaced, and they never updated the code in the book. Now the dealer(s) won't do a thing with the car w/o a $40 scan, which I won't pay. (It'd be different if I lost the code or something, but I have an audi radio, and an audi code, so I don't see where it would be my fault/problem, or why I should pay for it.

Old 09-21-2006, 06:40 PM
3rd Gear

i would hope there would be a way to scan it with the vag-com anyone ask ross-tech if its possible

Old 09-21-2006, 07:14 PM
3rd Gear

Ah! Gotta love the stories from the stealership. Never a dull moment. I hate going into the stealership. I'm having them do my rotors and pads in a couple weeks because I don't trust a Midas type place to do it. I'm really not wanting to go in there. I'm telling them right off the bat that I don't want to hear anything other than my pads and rotors are complete.

Old 09-22-2006, 01:15 AM
5th Gear

i could scan it with vag-com, get the info Audi needs to look up the radio, but they won't do it, and theres no way to unlock the radio w/ vag-com, you NEED the code from Audi, which they keep a record of.

Funny thing was, the first dealer I called was short with me, and actually a bit sarcastic, and said they COULD look up the radio and assumed it was replaced, IF I pay the scan fee. Second dealer said that the p/o must have personalized the radio code. (which as far as I know, is impossible) I asked how you go about doing that, and the guy didn't know how. So, he's positive it can be done, but has no clue about it.

Old 10-25-2006, 08:19 PM
1st Gear

Just take the radio out it should have the code written on it somewhere

Old 10-26-2006, 01:42 AM
5th Gear

nope. thats not the smartest idea anyway, kinda defeats the purpose of having a safe mode.

Do you lock your car and leave the key sitting on the hood?

But on that note, I made a set of radio removal keys today. Anyone else need a set? PM me.

Old 10-26-2006, 01:51 PM
1st Gear

I dont have any removal keys and im sick of going to my buddy who works at VW to get my radio out. I would love some!!

Old 10-26-2006, 05:44 PM
4th Gear

Do like I did and replace the system! lol

Actually, I don't recommend that unless you want to replace everything like I did - the Bose system doesn't play well with others.

But it would cure your code problem!