Audi TT The Audi TT line, in both the coupe and roadster combines Audi's All Wheel Drive performance with the feel of a European sports car.

Boost in "N" -vs- in Gear

Search this Thread

Old 02-20-2008, 07:54 PM
2nd Gear
Default Boost in "N" -vs- in Gear

my boost gauge shows 20 on vac when i hit the gas in neutral it boost to 0 but shows 20psi holding in gear is this normal or do i have something installed wrong i am just wondering because my eclipse in showed the boost in neutral but it wasnt a vac combo guage

Old 02-20-2008, 08:08 PM
5th Gear
Default RE: Boost in "N" -vs- in Gear

Thats normal. Theres a lot of electronics that monitor/control the car. A few of them know that you have no reason to make boost in neutral, so you dont.

Old 02-20-2008, 08:23 PM
2nd Gear

awesome thank you my dsm made boost in neutral lol

Old 02-20-2008, 08:29 PM
I'm make believe

you dont really make boost (1-2psi) since there is no load (god i have said that word abotu a 1000 times now). But thats just basically a false read since it just hits a couple psi and then goes away.

Old 02-20-2008, 08:52 PM
1st Gear

If he had the car in 1st and washolding in the clutch, like at the line while staging, he could build boost. My DSM had a fair amount of work done and would build boost, as would a couple other guys around here with 2.3 stroker kits.GNs can do the same... I'm guessing there is some load on the motor while staging compared to being in park or just sitting in neutral. Your thoughts on this, Cincy?

Old 02-20-2008, 09:06 PM
I'm make believe

Its not really boost. Boost would hold with you holding the revs constant. Just revving the engine will make it seem you have made boost, but its basically a fast burst of air. The reason again is there still no load. It being in N or gear doesnt matter since the engine and tranny are disengaged from each other. The ONLY way to make boost w/o moving is with a 2 step/anti-lag. Im not going to get to involved with this but its what drag people use and only can get it with a nicer stand alone ems

Old 02-20-2008, 09:18 PM
1st Gear

Yeah, I had a launch limiter in DSMlink (tuning/EMS program) where I set the rev limit, say to 5500, and held the throttle and it would build during that. I haven't seen anything like that for the TT yet. Does the VAG COM offer anything along those lines?

Old 02-20-2008, 09:19 PM
I'm make believe

nope, you need a $1500+ ems

Old 02-20-2008, 09:32 PM
1st Gear

Ahh crap. One more thing... I don't mean to hi-jack the thread, but I've been searching here, Fourtitude, and Vortex about VAG COM, and I just cant find a post that says exactly what it does besides give you the ability to diagnose codes or reprogram your key fob. Can you point me in the right direction?

Old 02-20-2008, 09:39 PM
I'm make believe

You can log: a/f ratio (AWP and BEA both have wbo2), timing, boost (both actual and requested), fuel injector duty cycle, butt dyno, and more. Add that with lemmi and your good.

Quick Reply: Boost in "N" -vs- in Gear