Audi TT The Audi TT line, in both the coupe and roadster combines Audi's All Wheel Drive performance with the feel of a European sports car.

Clutch time...

Search this Thread

Old 04-15-2007, 05:26 PM
2nd Gear
Default Clutch time...

Well its about time to get my clutch replaced in my 225, and I don't know much about clutches. Looking to go kevlar, and fortunatly for me I have some ties with some manufactures and because of that I can get a stock or stock like clutch kit and have it recovered with kevlar for free. I would like to find a kit that has a stronger pressure plate.

So what are some kits to consider? I don't know if only certain kits will work with only certain flywheels but I need a kit that will work with this Fidanza flywheel, because I can get it for around $200 http://www.nolimitmotorsport.com/fidanza/apps-Audi.html
but on a side note, on the description it says will fit vehicles through VIN# 016000 but mt VIN is 041566. Why would it not fit my car? On the main Fidanza site it says fits TT 00-05.

thanks for the help guys!

Old 04-15-2007, 05:50 PM
3rd Gear
Default RE: Clutch time...

Fidanza is good stuff but dont get it! go with SPEC plus you dont want a alum Flywheel it will sound horible and you'll hate it. go with a billet steel flywheel....talk to David Norton at SPEC and tell him Andrew Modica told you to talk to him. They make the best pressure plates available for the 225 and the clutch has one hell of a clamp load. Stage 2+ carbon kevlar good shi*

Old 04-15-2007, 06:16 PM
2nd Gear

is there any way to just buy the disc from spec ar someone else?

Old 04-15-2007, 06:18 PM
3rd Gear

the clutch disk? i;m sure you could but i;m telling you to just kit the kit i have you'll enjoy it much more than an alum flywheel.....

Old 04-15-2007, 06:42 PM
2nd Gear

I'm sure I would be very happy with the spec stg 2+ but that is going to cost some serious dough. and here is what I know as of now... zoom is the clutch company that I have ties with. They do not make a kit for our cars, but if I can buy a stock kit or just a disc and give it to him he can possibly match a kevlar facing from another clutch they have and it would work just fine... but there is no way of telling unless I can give them a disc that is for our cars.

I just dont want to throw away the oppertunity to have a kevlar clutch setup with a fidanza flywheel foraround only$450 total... I have to have this clutch done before school starts back at the end of the summer, because when that happenes the only thing I will be able to buy for this car is gas [&o]

Old 04-16-2007, 09:04 AM
3rd Gear

Just to add to what MeanAudi said SPEC is great, I have no problems at all and I will always run SPEC clutches with my car probably for the rest of my life, just as long as they make it for the car im driving.

Old 04-16-2007, 09:39 PM
2nd Gear

Glad to see that you guys have had no problems and are happy with your spec clutches... here is what I think is going on, my friend at zoom is getting me the stock sachs kit for next to nothing he is going to try and find a kevlar facing from another clutch to recover it with, if so I can have that and the flywheel for around $400 which you can't beat... if he cant match it than I can sell the sachs kit for dirt cheap and get the spec stg 2.

Old 04-18-2007, 10:12 PM
2nd Gear

Anyone know where I can find a DIY for the clutch job? I think I'm going to do it myself, also will having the tranny and other necessary things out make it possible to remove the stock downpipe?

Old 04-18-2007, 10:21 PM
3rd Gear

yup thats the time you want to remove the DP it will be very easy with the tranny and bevel case out of the way.....as i have done the clutch myself i can help with any questions.....I'll warn you now its not easy....are you gonna do this on jacks like me or do you have access to a lift? if you do it on jacks make sure to get it atleast 3 or 4 feet in the air....so the tranny will come out from under the car....mine almost didnt make it.

Old 04-18-2007, 11:03 PM
2nd Gear

Great thanks so much for the help MeanAudi, I do have acess to a lift but only for a saturday and sunday, think its enough time? What about having to replace the tranny fluid or clutch fluid?

It will still be a couple weeks before I get everything ready to go, but I will try and take my laptop to the shop when we are doing it because I'm sure I will need some help every now and then.

you are a brave man doing it on jack stands, I could only imagine how hard it was

Quick Reply: Clutch time...