Audi TT The Audi TT line, in both the coupe and roadster combines Audi's All Wheel Drive performance with the feel of a European sports car.

Compare your TT to....

Search this Thread

Old 12-22-2007, 10:07 AM
1st Gear
Default Compare your TT to....

Having not had a car for ten years, driving only trucks, and with an enthusiasm for European cars, I have decided to buy another car. I have narrowed down to Volvo and Audi, and decide that I believe I like the Audi’s better. I still have a bit of a dilemma, however, in that I am vacillating between three quite different models, for somewhat different reasons.

I like the A6, A4, and TT. No, I can’t buy several, just one. My uses will be mostly commuting, but some several hundred mile trips. Rarely, the long vacation trip.

I really like the attention to detailing, the quality aesthetics, and the solid feel of the Audi cars. The Volvo S60/S80 is nice, too, but the Audi seems to have an edge that is perceptible.

My past includes an appreciation of British sports cars and I did put about 200,000 miles in total on several 900 turbo 3- door, 5-speed Saabs, and found that to be a really great car.

Now, 25 years later, I have enlarged the circle of what I appreciate to include a classy ride. Ride in this case meaning the overall experience, not just the suspension.

The A4 is fun and nimble, though the 4 seems a little buzzy. I like the quality look and feel of it, and the great gas mileage.

The A6 is gorgeous and elicited major responses from my significant other, who has been largely indifferent to the vehicles I have considered. She also liked the TT. It is fun to drive, very quick, and radiates quality. Very appealing visually, inside and out.

The TT is just a piece of automotive art, appropriate to represent all that is great about German engineering and design. Enormous fun to drive, very roomy inside, more so than one would think.

I am 6’ 1-1/2” tall, and leg room is an issue. The A6 seems better than the A4. I have driven a TT roadster and want to drive a couple to see how they differ in leg room.

I may have upset the moderators, as I have raised this question in the A6, A4, and T forums, but I wanted a balance of opinion, since I felt that each model owner would have a bias. Perhaps there are some here who have owned multiple models and can give more objective opinions.

I am undecided on FWD vs AWD.

Discuss...

Old 12-22-2007, 10:38 AM
SoCal Crew Member
Default RE: Compare your TT to....

ORIGINAL: bigsnowdog

Having not had a car for ten years, driving only trucks, and with an enthusiasm for European cars, I have decided to buy another car. I have narrowed down to Volvo and Audi, and decide that I believe I like the Audi’s better. I still have a bit of a dilemma, however, in that I am vacillating between three quite different models, for somewhat different reasons.

I like the A6, A4, and TT. No, I can’t buy several, just one. My uses will be mostly commuting, but some several hundred mile trips. Rarely, the long vacation trip.

I really like the attention to detailing, the quality aesthetics, and the solid feel of the Audi cars. The Volvo S60/S80 is nice, too, but the Audi seems to have an edge that is perceptible.

My past includes an appreciation of British sports cars and I did put about 200,000 miles in total on several 900 turbo 3- door, 5-speed Saabs, and found that to be a really great car.

Now, 25 years later, I have enlarged the circle of what I appreciate to include a classy ride. Ride in this case meaning the overall experience, not just the suspension.

The A4 is fun and nimble, though the 4 seems a little buzzy. I like the quality look and feel of it, and the great gas mileage.

The A6 is gorgeous and elicited major responses from my significant other, who has been largely indifferent to the vehicles I have considered. She also liked the TT. It is fun to drive, very quick, and radiates quality. Very appealing visually, inside and out.

The TT is just a piece of automotive art, appropriate to represent all that is great about German engineering and design. Enormous fun to drive, very roomy inside, more so than one would think.

I am 6’ 1-1/2” tall, and leg room is an issue. The A6 seems better than the A4. I have driven a TT roadster and want to drive a couple to see how they differ in leg room.

I may have upset the moderators, as I have raised this question in the A6, A4, and T forums, but I wanted a balance of opinion, since I felt that each model owner would have a bias. Perhaps there are some here who have owned multiple models and can give more objective opinions.

Discuss...
i call blasphemy!

Old 12-22-2007, 12:25 PM
4th Gear

TT is also very fun to drive... i know that there are some tall guys here that have them and dont have a problem...

though if you are carrying luggage or something hope you dont have a lot, cause it is small... Trips though... i drove from Rochester NY to Daytona Beach FL and back without 1 problem... i was amazed, but literally 0 problems and was very comfortable

my .02 on traveling with a TT

Old 12-22-2007, 12:30 PM
1st Gear

If you're not looking for a family car, just a vehicle for commuting and vacations, then I can't think of any other Audi candidatethanthe TT. The MK2 is a visual masterpiece, a little more refined than the previous generation. Either way, the smaller size of the TT shouldn't scare you as you have already concluded there is more room than you would think at first glance.

Old 12-22-2007, 01:21 PM
1st Gear

ORIGINAL: .clipse

ORIGINAL: bigsnowdog

Discuss...
i call blasphemy!
Blasphemy?

Old 12-22-2007, 04:17 PM
2nd Gear

I'm 6'2" and I fit very well inside my coupe, so does my 6'4" friend. Roadster's a bit more cramped.

Old 12-22-2007, 05:25 PM
cmh

I sold my A4 when I got the TT, hands down the TT is a much more enjoyable car to drive. It is not my only car however, comfort on a long road trip is not an issue but the space for luggage might be.

Old 12-22-2007, 06:38 PM
5th Gear

Believe it or not, if I could get my '99 2.8L A4 back, I'd give up the TT (or at least my TT, its being somewhat of a bitch).

Awesome ride, very classy looks. I miss that car. Don't like the styling of the newer model A4's though.

The TT on the other hand, stands out, and even a 2000 will raise a question of whether its a new car or not. I just spent the night in Burlington VT, a town with more Audi's than I've ever seen before, and I STILL had people pointing and rubber necking as I drove by. That counts for something.

Old 12-23-2007, 04:31 PM
2nd Gear

Wish I had seen your car in town! Burlington, VT is where I live, I just found out TT vortexer lives over at uvm so myabe I have some hope of meeting some other mk1 peeoples over here.

Old 12-23-2007, 05:39 PM
5th Gear

Might be moving up there. I'll let you know next time Im in town.

Quick Reply: Compare your TT to....