Audi TT The Audi TT line, in both the coupe and roadster combines Audi's All Wheel Drive performance with the feel of a European sports car.

crank seal

Search this Thread

Old 03-01-2007, 07:52 PM
1st Gear
Default crank seal

Alright so a couple of weeks ago I had the timing belt job done. The crank (or crank case) seal had to be done as well. Now, I'm noticing an oil leak.. I put it up on a lift, and the leak is from the crank seal. The shop who did my timing belt/ water pump won't be open until Monday or Tuesday. I need the car, at least tommorow for school and a job interview. I know it's probably not the best idea to keep driving the car, I'm not losing much oil. I guess I just answered my question, but do you think driving the car fifteen miles round-trip tommorow is going to **** me up? Also, on the invoice I signed for the job, it states that all parts/labor are warranted for a year.. do you think I might have to pay another hefty sum? I know this thread is pretty much useless, I just have no one else to talk to at the moment. Thanks.

Old 03-01-2007, 07:57 PM
Default RE: crank seal

as long as the leak is very small you should be ok, its not uncommon to see leaks on cars from this area and some dont mind due to the cost of repair so it has to be justified, since they did the job I would have it fixed at their cost though

Old 03-01-2007, 08:11 PM
1st Gear
Default RE: crank seal

thanks buddy. Okay, I'll keep an eye on the consumption, I'm still at a really good level, so thats good. I'll have it taken in on Monday or Tuesday. I'm just so paranoid about this car, and the money it will cost. But thanks for the quick response.