Audi TT The Audi TT line, in both the coupe and roadster combines Audi's All Wheel Drive performance with the feel of a European sports car.

Custom TT sub box

Old 10-14-2008, 08:21 PM
1st Gear
Default Custom TT sub box

Went to an audio install school and learnt about installation and junk, made this box for my TT! Tried to match the interior as best as i could remember, but made it too light as i was in Oklahoma and my car was in VA!

Let me know what you think, and excuse the sh** setup, its just temporary right now...

www.stereoschool.com is the place i went if anyone is interested

Old 10-14-2008, 10:37 PM
1st Gear

That looks nice, looks like it's practical and will be used for tight controlled bass instead of rattling body panels off the car. I want that type of sound for my car.

I am in the beginning stages of building a box to house a shallow woofer that will be placed under the panel I used in my rear seat delete. It will sit where the rear bench used to be, speaker facing up, and I hope to cut out the wood in the platform that would cover the speaker and just cover it with the existing carpet so it is hidden but won't have any sound muffling. Check my profile picks and you can see the seat delete and may get a better idea of what I'm talking about.

Nice embossing on the box. That's nifty.

Old 10-14-2008, 11:34 PM
2nd Gear

I don't think the pics do it justice. In the pictures it looks a little plain, but I would guess the tt and rim around the sub look awesome. How do you like that angle? Does the box follow the rear seat angle as well?

Old 10-15-2008, 07:46 PM
1st Gear

unfortunatley right nwo it does not follow the angle of the seat, i am also planning on getting rid of my rear seat and building a panel to seperate the trunk and the cabin. I am then going to flush the sub against it and build shelving for my amp, and a second amp for the other speakers.

Just got to figure out how to get those seats off! The actual bottom part is easy but how did you get the backs off?

Old 10-15-2008, 07:48 PM
1st Gear

they are super easy, can be removed in about 5 mins by removing the brackets they are attached to that will be visible once the bench is removed

Old 10-15-2008, 07:58 PM
1st Gear

cool, thanks bro!, think im gonna get to it this weekend!

Incidently, the single 10 in the enclosed box sounds awesome, nice round sound, and being a smaller sub it is very responsive. i think it will be overkill for more than one sub, if you want lower freqs i can understand going bigger, but more would be overkill for our little car. I dont even have mine gain set yet and it is very loud even with the volume low!

Old 10-15-2008, 08:05 PM
1st Gear

Here is a picture of the inside, the EQ is at the bottom mounted under the ash tray

Old 10-15-2008, 09:26 PM
1st Gear

hey, if that's a stewart warner boost gauge, 42dd sells a white LED that will make it almost match the factory instruments, looks really good and is like $3

Old 10-15-2008, 09:31 PM
SoCal Crew Member

What!!! You have an automatic.. haha.. nice job Keefboz. Perhaps now since you are home you can take measurements of the trunk for me. I still need the size for the enclosure I want. Specs for sub are 0.5-1.0 cubic feet.

Last edited by myxyzxo; 10-15-2008 at 09:33 PM.
Old 10-15-2008, 09:41 PM
1st Gear

will do bro, going to be measuring it up this weekend anyways so that i can start my seat removal and insert a divider between the cabin and the trunk, and yes, i have an automatic... how embaressing, my only defence is that the traffic to and from work is freaking AWFUL.....

dont think any less of me!! haha!

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Custom TT sub box