Audi TT The Audi TT line, in both the coupe and roadster combines Audi's All Wheel Drive performance with the feel of a European sports car.

damn you Los Angeles police department!

Search this Thread

Old 11-27-2007, 12:29 PM
SoCal Crew Member
Default damn you Los Angeles police department!

sooo i got pulled over today.... and i dont know how your state's laws are but in california:

Euro Plate - illegal
Window Tint (from the dealer!) - illegal
Lamin-X () tinted tails - illegal

i knew i was gonna eat it with the lamin-x tails, but a matter of when. as for the euro plate on, maybe it's because i have no front plate? but what gets me is the stock window tint on the car that i got from the dealer? wtf lol. oh well.

there goes my euro plate, tint and lamin-x tails. i guess i shouldn't have been driving in the carpool lane by myself in the heart of traffic to deserve all this[&:]

Old 11-27-2007, 12:34 PM
Default RE: damn you Los Angeles police department!

that must be a pain when you have borders and the law changes within them? something to adjust and make it a simple law to all??regardless of borders[:-]

Old 11-27-2007, 12:37 PM
I'm make believe

got to lova Cali traffic inforcement [:@]

I would never go there just for that reason alone. FL is much more relaxed and i am considering heading down that way soon enough. No emissions testing either

Oh, the yellow headlights were ok?

Old 11-27-2007, 12:49 PM
1st Gear

Damn that sucks. How much is the carpool lane ticket? I heard it's $1000 now.

ORIGINAL: .clipse

sooo i got pulled over today.... and i dont know how your state's laws are but in california:

Euro Plate - illegal
Window Tint (from the dealer!) - illegal
Lamin-X () tinted tails - illegal

i knew i was gonna eat it with the lamin-x tails, but a matter of when. as for the euro plate on, maybe it's because i have no front plate? but what gets me is the stock window tint on the car that i got from the dealer? wtf lol. oh well.

there goes my euro plate, tint and lamin-x tails. i guess i shouldn't have been driving in the carpool lane by myself in the heart of traffic to deserve all this[&:]

Old 11-27-2007, 02:18 PM
SoCal Crew Member

ORIGINAL: cincyTT

got to lova Cali traffic inforcement [:@]

I would never go there just for that reason alone. FL is much more relaxed and i am considering heading down that way soon enough. No emissions testing either

Oh, the yellow headlights were ok?
ya they were ok for some reason. oh well, im gonna go back to stock within the next week or 2. prolly keep the exhaust on. i have a new project for 08' and it's back to jdm. [&:]soo.. whoever wants a set of flik justices let me know!

as for the ticket, ****. i certainly hope its not $1,000. the cop estimated it to be around $300... but he said he was unsure. if it's $1,000... i'm gonna prolly kill myself [:@]

Old 11-27-2007, 02:26 PM
1st Gear

Can you fight it there and say you returned it to stock?

Say you bought it that way, and removed all the mods that you were ticketed for?

The judge will probably drop 1 or 2 of the tickets if you show photo proof that it's removed.

Old 11-27-2007, 02:42 PM
1st Gear

Usually carpool violations by themselves are $351 in Ca, not sure about that one though.

Old 11-27-2007, 02:44 PM
SoCal Crew Member

ORIGINAL: RicedOuTT

Can you fight it there and say you returned it to stock?

Say you bought it that way, and removed all the mods that you were ticketed for?

The judge will probably drop 1 or 2 of the tickets if you show photo proof that it's removed.

well all the things i listed, are fix-it tickets. i have to remove my lamin-x, europlate and tint.

Old 11-27-2007, 03:02 PM
SoCal Crew Member

Damn Mark, that sucks...that carpool ticket is gonna be $$$, I've gotten one before years ago when it was $271, it's much higher now. As for the other charges, they're just fix-it tickets. For the front window tint, in the state of Ca. it's illegal to tint the front windows and windshield no matter what shade, except for the top 6" of the windshield(visor tint). You can just remove the tints and put a California front license platethen take your carto a local police dept and havethe fix-itsigned off

Old 11-27-2007, 03:15 PM
SoCal Crew Member

^ ya. but i mean how many people have their front windows tinted in california? like everyone! bahhh.

any idea how much they cost now joe for the carpool lane?

edit: i just answered my own question:

http://www.snopes.com/politics/traffic/california.asp

Quick Reply: damn you Los Angeles police department!