Audi TT The Audi TT line, in both the coupe and roadster combines Audi's All Wheel Drive performance with the feel of a European sports car.

Default Screen for Instrument Cluster Broken, Can't Tell Warning

Search this Thread

Old 10-01-2013, 02:14 PM
1st Gear
Default Default Screen for Instrument Cluster Broken, Can't Tell Warning

Hello everyone, just got an 05' Audi TT convertible for fun driving. I haven't had time yet to replace a faulty front instrument cluster, but for some reason a warning keeps coming up and I can't for the life of me figure out what it is trying to say! Does anyone recognize it with what is given? It's the yellow area. Thanks.

Name:  photo_zps433fef10.jpg
Views: 2182
Size:  57.2 KB

Old 10-06-2013, 01:59 PM
1st Gear

I believe that is the water for the front glass. Try to add water

Old 10-07-2013, 08:30 PM
1st Gear

Originally Posted by marioslazouras
I believe that is the water for the front glass. Try to add water
interesting, well it goes off every once in awhile but its ALWAYS when i'm using the brakes. my guess was brake fluid. maybe i could have it checked or something

Old 10-09-2013, 10:57 PM
1st Gear

Im gonna with marioslazouras...that's what I thought it looked like when I saw it also

Old 10-10-2013, 09:25 AM
1st Gear

alright, well i'll add some windshield wiper fluid after work. I've never seen the full symbol on the dash in person so i'm sure you guys would know better than me. the only thing that makes it strange is that it only comes up when my foot is on the brakes.

Old 10-10-2013, 12:06 PM
1st Gear

Well if it only appears when you brake most probably your brake calibers need replacement. Have you serviced the car after you bought it?

Old 10-10-2013, 08:37 PM
1st Gear
Old 10-11-2013, 09:31 AM
1st Gear

Originally Posted by marioslazouras
Well if it only appears when you brake most probably your brake calibers need replacement. Have you serviced the car after you bought it?
actually I added windshield wiper fluid yesterday and I haven't seen it since, which is a big deal because it always comes on at least once every time I get in the car. looks like it's gone, if it comes back that means it's something else. if it's STILL happening after I add brake fluid then i'll take it in to get serviced. I got the vehicle about 3 weeks ago so I haven't had time to get it serviced.

and for the other poster, I have the owner's manual but I couldn't seem to match it to any of the warning lights in there

thanks guys

Old 10-17-2013, 10:03 AM
1st Gear

well it looks like adding windshield wiper fluid didn't help. i'll try adding brake fluid today. we'll see what happens then, if not i'll have to take it in to get pads.

Old 10-18-2013, 01:33 PM
3rd Gear

That light doesnt have anything to do with your brakes. Its a low washer fluid light. If it still comes on, check the level in your washer fluid bottle. They are known to crack and leak.

Quick Reply: Default Screen for Instrument Cluster Broken, Can't Tell Warning