Audi TT The Audi TT line, in both the coupe and roadster combines Audi's All Wheel Drive performance with the feel of a European sports car.

ecu map... which one do you have?

Search this Thread

Old 06-02-2010, 02:08 AM
1st Gear
Default ecu map... which one do you have?

I am ready to have the ECU remapped. What are you running and why? What do you recommend?

Old 06-28-2010, 02:38 PM
1st Gear

I'm currently using Revo stage 1 which doesn't require any aftermarket mods and it was a night and day difference. I'm currently getting the parts required to do stage 2 but so far I'm really happy with Revo.

Old 06-28-2010, 10:11 PM
2nd Gear

your decisions all depends on whether you want something more agressive or conservative.
I went with the APR flash... (mine came with 7 different programs that I can switch between using the cruise control buttons... an 89 oct, 93 oct, 100 oct, Valet program that limits speed when valet, and quite a few other programs that come in handy) but APR is considered to be conservative... less power, more reliability.
GIAC... I cant say much about GIAC.
REVO is the most agressive of the flashes I think... but you sacrifice a little safety and reliability for a few extra HP. Let me say tho that the sacrifice in reliability and/or safety is negligible... just ike the amount of extra HP

If anyone else can chime in... please.

Old 06-30-2010, 06:15 PM
Default interested as well

i am interested in tuning as well i have been researching this for a while on diff websites and this is the info i got i have a 2000 1.8 TT 180hp/173tq

with the APR tune for $499 on 91oct i would get 194hp/240tq
but they have a sale going on till the end of july so for the same price i could get a Choice of 4 of the Following Programs:
– Stock Mode :: Exact Original Mapping and Performance
– 91 Octane Performance
– 93 Octane Performance
– 100 Octane Performance
– Valet Mode :: Limits RPMs and Power Output

and Also Included:
– Fault Code Erase :: Erases Fault ECU Fault Codes
– Security Lockout :: Locks Advanced Functionality of Cruise Control, Password Protected
– Anti-Theft :: Disables Throttle to Render Vehicle Inoperable, Password Protected

with the revo tune for $399 on 91 oct i would get 207hp/232tq

with the unitronics tune for $500 om 91 oct i would get 215hp/235tq

i got all this info from each providers website because of all the extras i am thinking about going with APR.
for the same price i could go with unitronics tune and get a couple more hp but i heard its not as reliable as the APR
THOUGHTS ANYONE?

Old 06-30-2010, 07:59 PM

I went with the GIAC 91-93 tune this past month and have not been disappointed at all - my car woke up and has responded very well -even better with the intake - and better yet I expect with planned downpipes. It was $450 installed and I haven't looked back....

Can't say how it compares to the APR, Revo, or others. But the response is smooth, and almost immediate, and improved in all areas. I got what I wanted! ;-)

Tuner was a major deciding factor too... They were fairly close to home, made themselves available, answered all my questions and easy to work with... They even took the time at no cost to check/lube up my DV, do a leakdown test, and test drive the car 3-4x while they made a few unrelated tweaks.. I spoke with both the APR dealers in town, and when I could get answers, neither bothered to mention any deals on APR tunes and both wanted to charge me $50-$100 to install, let alone respond to me when I asked a simple quesiton about scheduling time or doing the trial installs...

Old 06-30-2010, 08:46 PM
2nd Gear

That Sale at APR... I've had two cars done in the last 2 months (both VW)... and they went ahead and put all the programs on for that price... didn't need to choose 4.

Old 07-10-2010, 09:31 PM
1st Gear

Originally Posted by spitfire760
...i got all this info from each providers website because of all the extras i am thinking about going with APR.
You can get "all the extras" with an SPS3 controller on the Revo tune.