Audi TT The Audi TT line, in both the coupe and roadster combines Audi's All Wheel Drive performance with the feel of a European sports car.

Engine Upgrade Project

Search this Thread

Old 03-22-2008, 05:44 PM
1st Gear
Default Engine Upgrade Project

After a few weeks of reserching and alot of PM's to Cincy I have decided what items I will be buying to upgrade my TT I started ordering my parts today (03/22/08) and I will be updating this thread with information as I go some of the work I will be doing myself and due to time issues a shop will be doing some of the more involved work hopefully my pictures and information can provide some usefull knowledge for people doing similar work to there car my goal at the end of this is to have 450awhp so that my car can still be a nice daily driver and on weekends play around on the track. Currently the only mods to my car are a vent mounted boost gauge, HKS shroom filter and a Greddy blowoff valve.

List of parts:

GT3076r .63 from pagparts with 2 file ECU for DD and a track/street setting - On Backorder
FMIC/custom plumbing - Ordered 04/17, Arrived 04/21
Blue Flame catback/test pipe - Ordered 03/22, Arrived 04/10, Installed 04/22
Clutchkit/Flywheel - Ordered 03/22, Arrived 04/09
Stage 2 Ported head w/steel billet catcams + adjustable cam sprocketfrom QEDpower -Ordered 04/24, Arrived 05/29
Dahlback Large port intake - Oredered 04/21, Arrived 05/29- from vwvortex classified
Rod Install kit 06A1-20 W/Pauter rods- Ordered 04/24, Arrived 05/29
Water/Meth injection kit - Ordered 04/03, Arrived 04/10

I will keep this updated with as many pictures and install stories as I can. I anticipate some side work to pop up during the installation since everytime I've done work on this car something else has broken so this should be fun if there are any pictures you would like to request feel free to post or PM me and I will do my best to get one for you during this upcoming work.

I'm thinking about adding a nitrous kit to my parts list how do you guys feel about it from what I've read as long as it is used correctly should be pretty safe please share your thoughts on this with me.

I would like to thank CincyTT for all his help during my part searching his PM's were very helpfull

Old 03-22-2008, 06:12 PM
1st Gear
Default RE: Engine Upgrade Project

DId you copy and paste my parts list!? lol j/k

heres my parts list from Pag already ordered

IM STILL WAITING ON TH V BANDED MANIFOLD arnold said this week sometime....
Hoping for 320-330 whp whp out of the box @ 20-22 psi....... once rods go in ....and aeb head with intake and 30 psi .....450+ whp
manifold vbanded
GT3076R w/ .63ar SS vbanded housing .63ar
oil feed line kit
oil return line kit
GT restrictor
coolant line kit
oil pan adapter kit
oil return flange kit
3" SS DP for quattro
3" inlet piping set
630cc injector set
inline fuel pump kit 255lph
software 93oct (race file of your choice can be incl. as an option)
vband clamp for housing
Tial 38mm wg
dump tube

Custom 3" exhaust with magnaflow 3 inch muffler.... 500 hp garrett core...custom piping

Old 03-22-2008, 06:36 PM
1st Gear

open wastegate dumps are awesome!

Old 03-22-2008, 07:03 PM
1st Gear

I'm also waiting on the V-banded manifold sounds like your doing similar work are you doing the install yourself or paying a shop for the install I got quoted 2500 for turbo/head+intake/rods/timing belt/exhaust and mounting the FMIC

Old 03-22-2008, 07:25 PM
1st Gear

No 1552v2 motorsports is doing the install.Turbo kit install + custom 3" exhaust made and installed+ FMIC core parts custom tubing and labor 2500.00. No rods as of right now. Unless they give me a really good price on installing them, i will keep boost @ 20 psi which will be safe until i buy the 2nd part to this project... clutch kit, flywheel, ported aeb head,cams, intake, haldex controller, front rear diffs.

Old 03-27-2008, 03:24 PM
I'm make believe

Man, everything is on back order

As for the nitrous, if you only plan on a small amount, you should be fine. There was a person on vortex that had a poorly running engine and sprayed anyways and blew everything up. A 50-75 direct port should be ok. Its the increasing cyl pressures that will cause problems trying to make much more power with nitrous. So you will have to take that into account.

Old 03-27-2008, 05:01 PM
2nd Gear

ORIGINAL: exTTreme

After a few weeks of reserching and alot of PM's to Cincy.
You by far is the best new guy ever. Welcome.

Old 03-27-2008, 07:10 PM
2nd Gear

get in on the water meth group buy. it will allow you run nitrous and high psi much more safley not only that but you will gain e?whp from it its deff worth looking into

Old 03-29-2008, 05:41 PM
1st Gear

Yeah backorder is killing me right now all my major parts FMIC, Turbo Kit, Rods/Head/Intake all on backorder was thinking of going to the next size up of FMIC as it is in stock but its also 6 inches taller what do you thin Cincy? Also I was planning on the 75shot for nitrous but waiting to see the results from other parts first of course.

Old 03-29-2008, 05:45 PM
I'm make believe

As long as the ic is big enough for the turbo, it will be fine. If you end up making more power, just get w/m to cool it down

Quick Reply: Engine Upgrade Project