Audi TT The Audi TT line, in both the coupe and roadster combines Audi's All Wheel Drive performance with the feel of a European sports car.

evolution tuning heatshield spacer?

Search this Thread

Old 10-14-2007, 03:48 PM
1st Gear
Default evolution tuning heatshield spacer?

would the evo tuning spacer be worth it. Its relatively inexpensive and is very easy to install so if it would help why not? Is there anything it would do besides decrease the iat?

Old 10-14-2007, 03:52 PM
2nd Gear
Default RE: evolution tuning heatshield spacer?

Nope, thats about all it does from what I understand. Having said that, all it does is one of the most important things you can do for your car to gain power; cool down the air that gets ridiculously hot during the forced induction process.
A few folks have them... and I've heard nothing but good stuff. I'd do it... Hell, I might just do it.

Old 10-14-2007, 04:18 PM
3rd Gear

No wait save ur money until you have nothing else to buy your car then get it, then you may see gains. The product works great and you can tell the difference when you modded, but when I was stock and had it in, I didnt see any gains.

Old 10-14-2007, 04:36 PM
1st Gear

I have APR 93 octane software, Fore DV, neuspeed p-flo intake, Forge FMIC, and exhaust. I am doing a full 3" exhaust sometime in the next few months as well as some other goodies so I will probably get the spacer with some birthday and christmas money.

Old 10-14-2007, 05:33 PM
2nd Gear

honestly, I don't see a bit of difference with it, you could still fry an egg on my intake manifold if you wanted to [:@]... its possibly a little cooler than it use to be but there is NO noticible difference to me.

Old 10-14-2007, 05:38 PM
I'm make believe

What fmic are you running again there Lucas? With a nice fmic it should be cool to the touch.

The spacer is suppose to draw heat before going into the engine. The same thing applies to that as a stock smic(s), with to much heat it will heatsoak also. A good fmic is all you need to get a cool intake charge.

Old 10-14-2007, 05:40 PM
2nd Gear

tcarbon

I thought it was supposed to seperate it from the block so there would be minimal heat transfer?

Old 10-14-2007, 05:43 PM
I'm make believe

That to. I would so love to see some iat's for a tCarbon, makes me think less of them afteryour post.

Old 10-14-2007, 05:49 PM
2nd Gear

you know, when I first put the fmic on, i drove the car with the bumper off, so the ic had 100% airflow. I drove it for a while, plenty of boost and the car felt great, seemed to be a big improvement... however when I stopped, I went and felt the front of the ic, the hot side was naturally hot but the cold side just kind of felt "room temp" so to say. shouldn't it be slightly cool to the touch?

Old 10-14-2007, 07:26 PM
3rd Gear

No room temp sounds about right, with w/m injection your intake manifold should feel "warm to the touch"

Quick Reply: evolution tuning heatshield spacer?