Audi TT The Audi TT line, in both the coupe and roadster combines Audi's All Wheel Drive performance with the feel of a European sports car.

Exhaust today

Search this Thread

Old 11-01-2007, 10:25 AM
1st Gear
Default Exhaust today

I'm getting an exhaust system today from somewhere..Everybody likes the 42dd 3" dp--but do you think you can really trust a local custom shop to fab a downpipe the right way..I know there's a lot of problems because of the tight fit, or whatever..

Old 11-01-2007, 12:11 PM
1st Gear
Default RE: Exhaust today

Cincy, what say you?

Old 11-01-2007, 12:43 PM

People have had a local custom shop in the past do this. I think precisiontt did this and even offered to have more than 1 made if anyone else on the forum was interested.

Old 11-01-2007, 01:02 PM
1st Gear

Thanks...here's another one for you..ttstuff sells this DV relocator kit to get the DV off of the hot side of the engine-do you think this is really necessary? I mean, I'm about saving money like everyone else on here, and I don't wanna waste my money on stuff that doesn't make a difference...(which is why I'm not buying modshack-haha)

Old 11-01-2007, 01:26 PM
1st Gear

I think it's BS...people have too much time on their hands just to screw things up

Old 11-01-2007, 01:28 PM
2nd Gear

ORIGINAL: outinfront

Thanks...here's another one for you..ttstuff sells this DV relocator kit to get the DV off of the hot side of the engine-do you think this is really necessary? I mean, I'm about saving money like everyone else on here, and I don't wanna waste my money on stuff that doesn't make a difference...(which is why I'm not buying modshack-haha)
i guess you are going to stick to the stock k04, if thats so ... the i suggest you go 42DD since it will be cheaper for you rather than have a shop custom fab it. (that is waht i was told here by 3 diff shops) and let the shop fab you the exhaust system.

reloc DV... its not one of those things that will make you wish you thoguth of it wat earlier.

Old 11-01-2007, 01:34 PM
1st Gear

Yea, sticking with the KO4 now...just found out I'll be heading to Baghdad for ANOTHER 12 month vacation..so it's best to just put a few basics on now andput my BT kit togetherwhile I'm over there..I'll have plenty of time to do it...

Old 11-01-2007, 01:46 PM
2nd Gear

i can see that $$ flyin out the window lol ..

its ok .. do what you gotta do .. be safe by the way.

but i dont suggest you go custom DP on the k04, will cost you a pretty penny for equal to or no gains than the 42DD, unless you want it JUST for the opportunity to say that its Custom..... ooooooooH

Old 11-01-2007, 01:50 PM
1st Gear

Lol..i know..i'll get the 42dd, still say it's custom, and the put no less than 350 performance brand stickers all over my car

So in light of just upgrading the K04, are the aftermarket samco hoses really necessary?

Old 11-01-2007, 01:53 PM
SoCal Crew Member

^ lol.

i say go with shops that have noterirty for custom fab jobs, that will give you real worth/gain over local shops

for ex. -

http://www.blacktrax.net/ - precisionTT got his TTQ DP's done there
http://www.evolutionracewerks.com/
http://www.techtonicstuning.com/

Quick Reply: Exhaust today