Audi TT The Audi TT line, in both the coupe and roadster combines Audi's All Wheel Drive performance with the feel of a European sports car.

First Post..

Search this Thread

Old 04-07-2008, 02:10 PM
Default First Post..

Hello, this is my first post. I have just purchased my 2001 TT Quattro. I havent taken any pics, but will post them tonight. I have driven it around a lot and really love it. Its a 2001 with 22k miles. I am looking to do a couple mods to it, but nothing ricer-looking. I have a couple questions first..
Can you tell me what the recomended services are for this vehicle in general, as well as what they are for the different upcoming milages.
I also wanted to know about a couple modifications I am looking at doing. I like the wheels that came with the audi but i want to get it a little lower because stock there is a little wheel gap of course. Can you tell me if it is ok to get lowering springs or would i have to get new shocks as well.
I think I would like to get a basic grill for the car too, I found a couple but not many. Any websites for these parts?
Last mod would be to get clear/smoke front headlight covers for the orange that is there.. any options or places to get?

thanks a lot,

Old 04-07-2008, 02:18 PM
4th Gear
Default RE: First Post..

welcome... first off read the FAQ at the top, itll help a lot...

services: 60k miles is timing belt but i think thats most significant/most talked about...

you CAN do springs without shocks however its not recommended and youll need shocks eventually...

if i were you i would do coilovers.. look into PSS9's from www.awetuning.com and then vmaxx from www.stratmosphere.com and you can also check these out... The ones ill probably get...

Once you lower your car you will need either a half-Kmac kit or full-Kmac kit depending on how low you go. if you going over say an inch i think youll need a full...

you can also find BOTH clear and smoked corners...

This like has BOTH kmac kits and clear/smoked corners. CLICK

any more questions feel free to ask.

welcome

Old 04-07-2008, 02:40 PM

i found the long clear blinker lights, but what about the big orange one on the side ? Or do they sell this as a set?

Old 04-07-2008, 03:54 PM
cmh

When you dissassemble the headlight to put in the clear or smoked lenses you can remove or tint the orange reflector at the same time. There is not a replacement for the reflector so it has to be removed, you will have to fill and paint a few small holes if you take it off. Search for a DIY, there are a few good writeups w/ pics floating around. This is what smoked lenses and reflector delete look like: [IMG][/IMG]

Old 04-07-2008, 04:05 PM

welcome to the forums and nice low-mileage car! thats great. i think you are gonna love it.

just a word of warning- even though you have low miles, i would still replace the timing belt soon if i was you- the miles are low but the actual age of the belt could cause it to snap at this point.

Old 04-07-2008, 05:24 PM
1st Gear

welcome! you found a great deal for an 01 with only 22k. great find, hope you learn lots from the experts here

Old 04-07-2008, 09:35 PM

this might be odd ,but how do you know if you have 180hp or 225hp ?

Old 04-07-2008, 09:41 PM
I'm make believe

hhhmmm, you would think this stuff would be in the FAQ

Old 04-07-2008, 09:43 PM

i did, thats why im confused
i just see that i have duel exhaust and 6speed.. doesnt that mean it is 225hp ?
sorry its a little dumb.. i just thought the tag said 180hp, but now i saw if it has 6speed it is a 225hp !
the manual is missing so i cant look there

Old 04-07-2008, 09:46 PM
I'm make believe

Seriously, what is the point of a FAQ if people rather ask the ? anyways. You realize you could of looked and confirmed it for aslong as it took you to post that right?

Im sorry, but answering the same pointless ?'s that are readily availble to all is just annoying.

Quick Reply: First Post..