AudiForums.com

AudiForums.com (https://www.audiforums.com/forum/)
-   Audi TT (https://www.audiforums.com/forum/audi-tt-7/)
-   -   Flip the Script! (https://www.audiforums.com/forum/audi-tt-7/flip-script-92031/)

WishIWasRWD 02-18-2008 05:31 PM

Flip the Script!

So... Everyone with a 180 wants a dual exhaust.

I'm thinking about doing the opposite. [sm=icon_sneaky.gif]

My car is in the shop right now getting the clutch replaced (Spec Stage 1).

I was under it looking at the exhaust, and before the muffler in the rear it turns into a horrible restrictive triangle. I want to eliminate that, and go 3"after the last sensor, and keep the stock cat.

Will this throw a code?

Will nate hi-five me for coming over to the dark side?

Does anyone have pics of a TT with the rear cutout removed and an angled N1 fartcan sticking out the back?

cincyTT 02-18-2008 05:40 PM

RE: Flip the Script!

LOL, the N1 is the worst muffler known to man!! I knew a guy with a LS tegra and i could here his exhaust over my Lancer's greddy. It was so horrible.

I wont high 5 yah since that was more of a clise thing than mine. But it would be great for sneaking up on people that know what a single tip means. If you want to do it, do it!! Not to mention you could make a nicer flowing exhaust with a single tip.

eliTTe 02-18-2008 05:44 PM

yeh but your losing the symetry of the dual tips [:'(]

cincyTT 02-18-2008 05:55 PM

FIne, then we all should do hidden tips.... wait, thats what i want to do :D

Just need to find a way to redo the valence or find one with no cut out

WishIWasRWD 02-18-2008 06:04 PM

Not N1... just the style.

Actually probably just the cheapest knockoff I can find that is 3".
I'd be having the rest fabbed anyway, so no need to buy anything pricey.

Any reason why i'd throw a cel?

I'll be keeping the stock pieces so I can bring it back to stock just by bolting iton.

cincyTT 02-18-2008 06:08 PM

as long as you have both o2's in place, you wont get a cel. And please dont get a n1 style can. A magnaflow is only about $80 for a 3"

Agnt008 02-18-2008 06:50 PM

that's the only reason i bought the 225 was for the symmetry of the exhaust....haha

achTTung 02-18-2008 06:51 PM

Have to gowith the center exhaust. Nobody will know what to think.

cincyTT 02-18-2008 06:59 PM

They would think you have porsche envy along with the people with the turbo badges.

cmh 02-18-2008 07:05 PM

Yeah not everyone with a 180 wants duals, yes I like the symmetry of the dual exhaust on the 225 but thats not what I have so I am embracing the lonely tip of my 180 and not trying to make it look like a 225 when it's not. IMHO dual tips on a 180 are like S4 badges on the 2.slows.

Murderface 02-18-2008 07:13 PM

I used to want duals (sigh...FWD[>:]) then I realized how great fun it was for people to underestimate my 180. I had a stupidass in a 225QR ricer flyby me thinking my 180 wouldn't stand a chance and I proceeded to follow him onto the highway and whoop his ass. Made me a big fan of keeping my TT NOT obviously modded looking.

Just need to find a way to redo the valence or find one with no cut out
I saw someone on Tex just bondoing up the gap between the valence and the bumper, forget what they did for the exhaust cutout part though. I'm sure someone handy with fiberglass could fab you one with no cutout.

cincyTT 02-18-2008 07:19 PM

I just might have to fiberglass it if i do go that route. Having that and the lip filled in would give it a nice change.