Audi TT The Audi TT line, in both the coupe and roadster combines Audi's All Wheel Drive performance with the feel of a European sports car.

got it tinted!!!

Search this Thread

Old 01-07-2007, 01:34 AM
1st Gear
Default got it tinted!!!

well as the first mod to my car, i got the windows tinted( 15%) ,ohhhhh its so sexy now more than ever. yeah i am gonna get a ticket soon but who gives a ****? i love how it looks now. i need to post some pics, i'll do it soon just don't have time, and i'm lazy. well anyway just wanted to brag on how awesome it is. i've only had one minor issue, they are so dark that at night i can't see much at all out of the side windows, but o well!

Old 01-07-2007, 01:44 AM
I'm make believe
Default RE: got it tinted!!!

what is the state law %? I would of checked that first. If you withen the limit make sure you keep proof of that in the car so if a cop gives you crap you have documintaion available.

I would like to do mine but the night thing does kind of bother me.

Old 01-07-2007, 03:00 AM
2nd Gear

ORIGINAL: cincyTT

I would like to do mine but the night thing does kind of bother me.
I've got 35% and don't have any problem with night driving. What is your concern?

Old 01-07-2007, 03:09 AM
I'm make believe

hes having problems @ 15% and theres alot of morons that try to drive at night with no headlights on and with my luck pull infront of them. Im not really "worried" about it and itsjust not at the top of my list of things to do.

Old 01-07-2007, 03:16 AM

tint % number is not the darkness, its the amount of light transmitted through the tint.(lower # = less light) 15% is darker than 35%, 5% is about the darkest you can find.

Old 01-07-2007, 03:51 AM
3rd Gear

I have 10% on mine and have allready gotten a warning for it. Its hard for me to see out if also at night but usually the top is down and the windows are rolled down also.

Old 01-07-2007, 04:05 AM
4th Gear

Got mine done the week after I got her - 35% - when it was first done it looked kick ***- then the edges started to show and the installer told me that's because of the factory dotted edges. Anyone know how to overcome this?

Old 01-07-2007, 04:18 AM

I have 15% but when I got pulled over they gunned it at 8%...not too shabby, and I don't have too much difficulty seeing out them at night. I just have super eyes.

Old 01-07-2007, 04:31 AM
2nd Gear

ORIGINAL: Palindari

Got mine done the week after I got her - 35% - when it was first done it looked kick ***- then the edges started to show and the installer told me that's because of the factory dotted edges. Anyone know how to overcome this?
Where do you notice the edges? On the rear window? When I had mine done they removed the trim panel completely assuring complete coverage. I've not noticed any problem with the edges peeling or showing.

Old 01-07-2007, 04:48 AM
4th Gear

ORIGINAL: XCLR8TT
When I had mine done they removed the trim panel completely assuring complete coverage. I've not noticed any problem with the edges peeling or showing.
Then that's what I need done then - thanks again, mate!

Quick Reply: got it tinted!!!