Audi TT The Audi TT line, in both the coupe and roadster combines Audi's All Wheel Drive performance with the feel of a European sports car.

Hello to everyone:

Search this Thread

Old 10-28-2006, 02:08 PM
1st Gear
Default Hello to everyone:

Just joined the club! Bought myself a 40th B-day present: 01 TT 225hp.... I have been on a couple of bike forums previously and met great people and priceless advice! Hope to find the same here! As for mods: 1st I believe I'll need to get a timming belt kit installed (73,000), then get the fog lamps fixed and perhaps the fuel gauge working correctly... The later I might just have to live with? Anyways hope everyone is enjoying there pride and joys this weekend!

Paul
Post #: 1

Old 10-28-2006, 05:03 PM
2nd Gear
Default RE: Hello to everyone:

welcome to the wonderful world of Audi. Yes, that timing belt and water pump needs to be done asap. Enjoy!

Old 10-28-2006, 06:16 PM
5th Gear

welcome.

you'll have fun with your car. I've had mine since July 05, and I still get a smile on my face when I walk out of a store, and get to hop into the sweetest car in the parking lot.

Old 10-29-2006, 01:31 AM
1st Gear

ORIGINAL: PAC2717

Just joined the club! Bought myself a 40th B-day present: 01 TT 225hp.... I have been on a couple of bike forums previously and met great people and priceless advice! Hope to find the same here! As for mods: 1st I believe I'll need to get a timming belt kit installed (73,000), then get the fog lamps fixed and perhaps the fuel gauge working correctly... The later I might just have to live with? Anyways hope everyone is enjoying there pride and joys this weekend!

Paul
Post #: 1

Hey and Welcome!!!

I have a 2000 180 quattro. I love my car. I just did a Timing belt kit from ECS Tubing. The parts were $283 and me and a buddy did it on thursday afternoon. If you dont have any mechanical experience you should have some one do it. If you screw up the timing you could MASH some Valves, etc.... It took us 7 hours he is a Boat Mechanic. It wasnt to hard but he has set timing and done a bunch of other timing belts.

Well wanted to add my .02

Jewbin

Oh yeah My car had 84k on it.

Old 10-29-2006, 03:38 AM
5th Gear

i've mentioned this before, but its worth saying again, when you do a timing belt, turn the car over BY HAND at least one full rotation. you're not going to do any damage turning the crank with a wrench if you did manage to screw something up. if you feel mechanical resistance, stop, and recheck your marks.

Old 10-29-2006, 03:39 AM
4th Gear

Welcome aboard, mate!

You have what I wish I had been able to get - the 225 hp w 6sp trans - if you love to scoot, this girl will do it for you

Old 10-29-2006, 07:56 AM
3rd Gear

Welcome to the great world of the Audi!! I bought my 225 6pd back in july of 2006 and I love it to death, if you ever have anyquestions just either post it, or search for it and im sure you will find some helpful advice. Welcome!

Old 10-29-2006, 12:42 PM
1st Gear

Thanks for the warm welcome guys!

As for the timming belt I too was planning on going w/ the ECS kit (I've been following your posts Jewbin!), As for the install I am looking for a reputable shop.... Yesterday I was calling aroung and got quotes from 165.00 - 650.00 for labor. I concluded the guy for 165 must not know what he is getting into????
If anyone knows of any good shops in the Los Angeles (Pasadena) area It would be greatly appreciated.

As for the fog lamps & fuel gauge any common malfunctions that everyone knows about but me?

Lastly, I just love this car! I have an 04 passat, a work truck, a 04 Custom Vrod (Harley), and an 06 Custom Road King (Harley), and this car is just a blast. Yesterday I had one of those great moments: I was getting on the 210 freeway in Pasadena a Beautiful day and the road is clear... Everything just said: It's go time! In no time I was at or creeping on 140!!!!

Thanks to:

225tt
Palindari
achTTung
JewbinTT
eliTTe

Thanks again guys! All the best to you and yours!

Old 10-29-2006, 01:38 PM
2nd Gear

ORIGINAL: PAC2717

Thanks for the warm welcome guys!

As for the timming belt I too was planning on going w/ the ECS kit (I've been following your posts Jewbin!), As for the install I am looking for a reputable shop.... Yesterday I was calling aroung and got quotes from 165.00 - 650.00 for labor. I concluded the guy for 165 must not know what he is getting into????
If anyone knows of any good shops in the Los Angeles (Pasadena) area It would be greatly appreciated.
If you are going to have the work done by someone else, I would suggest that you let them buy the parts... You'll pay a little markup but they will be more likely to warranty their work if you don't just use them for labor only.

As for Pasadena or LA area shops take a search through the SoCal forum on Audiworld.com or take a look at the forums on SoCalEuro.com

Old 10-29-2006, 04:51 PM
3rd Gear

Yes I agree if you are going to have someone work on your car your best bet is to buy the parts from them, just make sure that your water pump comes with metal impellers as the plastic ones will fail again... and they are more likely to warrenty their work. Good luck!