Audi TT The Audi TT line, in both the coupe and roadster combines Audi's All Wheel Drive performance with the feel of a European sports car.

Help me decide my next purchase...

Search this Thread

Old 05-28-2009, 09:52 PM
1st Gear
Default Help me decide my next purchase...

Am getting the TT exhaust, and am trying to decide on getting lowering springs, or a front sway bar.

They cost the same, one will make the car LOOK better, and the other with improve the performance.... decisions decisions!

What do you guys think?

Old 05-28-2009, 09:57 PM
cmh

Lower it. And don't upgrade the front until the rear sway is upgraded, the rear sway makes a more noticeable difference anyways.

Old 05-29-2009, 10:03 PM

Lowering does more than looks.... lower center of gravity... better handling. Although Im sure coils help this more so, springs should help some.

Old 05-30-2009, 12:43 AM
1st Gear

I would got and upgrade the rear sway bar. I wouldn't do springs with the stock struts as I am told it will make them wear out faster.

Old 05-30-2009, 08:08 AM
1st Gear

Originally Posted by ecko2702
I would got and upgrade the rear sway bar. I wouldn't do springs with the stock struts as I am told it will make them wear out faster.
I have a 180FWD so i think the front sway bar would be more beneficial, and i agree with you about the stock struts, however i have a warranty, so i could get them replaced for free if they go!

Old 05-30-2009, 09:53 AM
1st Gear

Originally Posted by keefboz
I have a 180FWD so i think the front sway bar would be more beneficial, and i agree with you about the stock struts, however i have a warranty, so i could get them replaced for free if they go!
I would be careful here...If the dealership notices those lowering springs they wont cover the shocks...When I bought mine the dealership said everything was covered then I looked that the fine print...sure enough after asking nothing would be covered as the car is chipped, lowering springs, and exhaust. The pretty much wipes out the warranty. i am going through that right now with the timing belt recall.

Old 05-30-2009, 01:54 PM
1st Gear

I would check with your warranty whether it be Audi or a private one I was a salesman at a dodge dealership and one of the customers voided his warranty by putting Corsa exhaust on his Viper.

Old 05-30-2009, 02:38 PM
1st Gear

I had the whole tranny re done and the car was chipped, with an aftermarket DV and other visual mods. The dealership didnt give a ****! The lady who sold me it actually asked who i had it chipped with! If worse came to worse though, i would just put the stock ones back on before i took it in.

Old 05-30-2009, 07:23 PM
3rd Gear

Avoid the hassle, do the sway first. Then save for coilovers. I'm under warranty too, and champion LOVES me! And I don't think they would cover shocks if I changed the spring rate.

Old 05-30-2009, 07:41 PM
1st Gear

Rear sway bar is an hour tops, front sway bar took about 6 hours with a well equipped home shop. Rear first, front only if you need it. Four wheel alignment needed if you do the front SWB because you need to drop the front subframe and split the rack and pinion to pull and replace. Worth it if you have the time, tools and skills.

Quick Reply: Help me decide my next purchase...