Audi TT The Audi TT line, in both the coupe and roadster combines Audi's All Wheel Drive performance with the feel of a European sports car.

Hesitating During Acceleration

Old 06-01-2007, 10:17 AM
1st Gear
Default Hesitating During Acceleration

It looks like I can't avoid taking the TT to the shop. First I noticed I'm losing boost (3 psi) and now I am getting a hiccup/hesitation while accelerating. I was noticing a little hesitation at the top of the2nd gear. Now it is worst but at the top end of the 3rd gear. Anyone have a similiar problem with accelerating? What were your solutions?

I'm starting to get paranoid after seeing pictures of timing belts missing teeth. I'm at 44500 miles and getting to the point where I want to order a timing belt kit. Can this problem be associated with something like that?

I will be trying out my third shop in 4 months - http://uspmotorsports.com/index.php. HopefullyI can find one that isn't just trying to sell me. I would like to see someone get excited about working on my car. Someone that knows the intricacies of this model and has vison of how to make it perform.

Old 06-01-2007, 10:43 AM
1st Gear
Default RE: Hesitating During Acceleration

Sounds likes a bad MAF and/or failing coilpacks. Would also check your sparkplugs for fowling and proper gap.

Old 06-01-2007, 11:17 AM
I'm make believe

I dont know if you have read that link i posted in your other thread or not buti would start there and get a new o-ring of the turbo outlet pipe. If it still happens it might be a died n75 (yes they have been known to die). IF you know another 1.8t'er in the area ask to borrow theirs and see it if cures the problem. Both simple things to try. Also check your vaccum hoses and for boost leaks.

Old 06-01-2007, 11:44 AM
1st Gear

Yes I did. Thanks for the advice. Will take a second look.

Old 06-01-2007, 04:50 PM
1st Gear

Hey man,

You can go to USP but they will charge u a s#$t load of money..... they quoted me 950.00 to do the timing belt.... autodreams only 620.00. And you better like APR if you go to usp becuase thats ALL they will work on or sell you. Im getting my big turbo done by gregg at autodreams.

Old 06-04-2007, 12:11 PM

ORIGINAL: Indiepunk

HopefullyI can find one that isn't just trying to sell me. I would like to see someone get excited about working on my car. Someone that knows the intricacies of this model and has vison of how to make it perform.
I just wanted to make it clear once again that a shop telling you to get the waterpump done at the same time as the timing belt is not"just tryingto sell you" unneeded parts.I remember youcomplaining before about them telling youshould pay to have it done as well.I would honestly be wary of a shop that did not tell me to do the waterpump at the same time, especially with the plastic impellars that they come stock with.

Old 06-04-2007, 04:24 PM
2nd Gear

ORIGINAL: Indiepunk

First I noticed I'm losing boost (3 psi) and now I am getting a hiccup/hesitation while accelerating. I was noticing a little hesitation at the top of the2nd gear. Now it is worst but at the top end of the 3rd gear. Anyone have a similiar problem with accelerating? What were your solutions?
Mine did this in like the first 5 minutes before warm-up.
cleaned out throttle body of carbon deposits.
Don't have that anymore.

Old 06-05-2007, 10:50 AM
3rd Gear

DIY!! Thats what I am gona do, find some local VW and Audi guys buy them some beer and have a party for a day! Beer is cheeper than Dealerships hahaha.

Old 06-07-2007, 09:34 AM
1st Gear

ORIGINAL: Blown87camaro
. Im getting my big turbo done by gregg at autodreams.
Is that the kid with the MKV GTI? He is the only one there thatI got a good vibe off of and he didn't work on my car last time I was there.

Old 06-07-2007, 11:19 AM
1st Gear

Yeah pretty quick to.... He showed me some pieces of their new motor their putting together on their MK1V for unlimited.... The heads r pretty sick done by Don r flow 310 intake i forget exhaust numbers. It just ticked me off when i went to a shop and said i will pay u X amount of dollars i want YOU to do it and they turn down the business?? Lol ok fine theres plenty of other shops if you wanna turn down a couple grand someone else will galdly take it.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Hesitating During Acceleration