Audi TT The Audi TT line, in both the coupe and roadster combines Audi's All Wheel Drive performance with the feel of a European sports car.

hitting 2000 miles!

Search this Thread

Old 06-25-2009, 10:53 PM
1st Gear
Default hitting 2000 miles!

im driving from CA to TN and im might be passing by 5 or 6 states (Arizona, New Mexico, Texas, Oklahoma, Arkansas, maybe Mississippi) which states should i watch out for (such as Cops who loves to give speeding tickets if you go over 5 miles the speed limit, etc...).

what are the things that i should bring with me when i go (i have rockstars so far)?

any good scenery on the way? thanks!

Old 06-26-2009, 04:33 AM
1st Gear

Valentine One FTW!

Old 06-26-2009, 10:22 AM
2nd Gear

Originally Posted by hotgrass
any good scenery on the way? thanks!
Take the time to see the Grand Canyon.
It can be pretty touristy just viewing from the standard points of site, but still well worth it.

Old 06-26-2009, 06:25 PM

never been to any of those states so take alot of pictures , so i spose u should take a camera ...!!
and trade in your Rockstars for Amps. good to go pimpin

Old 06-26-2009, 07:24 PM
2nd Gear

I think you can legally drive pretty fast in new mexico. Otherwise, IDK.

Old 06-26-2009, 10:33 PM

Originally Posted by Righteous
Valentine One FTW!
indeed!

I travel alot, i'm in and out of my state at least twice a month, if not more, I made this mistake once when i cleaned my car out. I have tuner lugs, and forgot to put the socket BACK in the car, and of course THAT was the time i get a bad flat.

so if you have locking lugs, obviously common sense but BRING THE SOCKET! lol I got lucky and the shop AAA dropped the car at had an avid honda tuner for a manager, had a set of the sockets in his trunk.

besides that? an oil change before you head out, lots of cd's... i mean ALOT. your gonna get extremely bored. You get tired, don't rely on those rockstars, i had a realllll bad experience with amp red bull and no doz on a trip from michigan to florida, ridiculous!

Old 06-26-2009, 11:42 PM
1st Gear

here's what i got so far:
2Rockstars (ill stick to rockstars, ill buy more if needed)
some chips to munch on
music
i installed a HID (mine doesnt have one)
Travel John disposable urinal (yup!)
radar detector that i borrowed from my wife's cousin (hope it works)
GPS

Old 06-27-2009, 12:00 AM

two gallons of bottled water for when you break down in the desert.

Old 06-27-2009, 08:24 AM
2nd Gear

Forget Rockstars. Give them to somebody else and find someplace that sells Celsius energy drinks. Rockstars have a wicked crash; Celsius gives you a lot more energy, is healthier, and doesn't make you crash.

also, MAKE SURE YOU HAVE AAA AND SOME BACKUP CASH AND CHECKS.

Old 06-28-2009, 02:22 PM
5th Gear

made the drive from upstate NY to Denver, CO a few years ago. 'rents were trying to get me to pack blankets and survival gear incase I got stranded in a snow storm in the mountains.... there are no mountains between NY and Denver, just a gradual rise in elevation.

anyway, im hard headed, and refused to pack anything. I did bring my vagcom cable... and actually had to use it. MAF went bad, put me in limp mode. Pulled codes quick to find that out, unplugged the MAF, and was on my way.

things I would bring/do for sure:

bring backup cash
check tire pressure + oil change before you leave
bring an extra qt. of oil
and if you ever do a drive across the midwest in the winter, bring extra gas. Mountain snow storms didn't bother me, but a huge friggen ice storm knocked out power across a couple states. Gas pumps don't work when there isn't any electricity. I swear I drove across the entirity of Nebraska on gas fumes and luck.

Oh, I was a little worried when i realized that there isn't any 93 octane gas across most of the midwest. Car had a 93oct. tune at the time. Stocked up on octane booster when I could find it.

Quick Reply: hitting 2000 miles!