Audi TT The Audi TT line, in both the coupe and roadster combines Audi's All Wheel Drive performance with the feel of a European sports car.

Huge Turbo lag after Tcarbon FMIC installed???

Search this Thread

Old 08-13-2007, 11:46 AM
I'm make believe
Default RE: Huge Turbo lag after Tcarbon FMIC installed???

It can only do so much. Its not like anti lag, its just the same as a ball and spring w/ a bleed mbc like i have. The "onset" control gives it a faster response like a ball and spring and the other control is the same as a bleed to smooth out the boost and reduce spiking like a bleed valve.

Old 08-13-2007, 01:33 PM

thank you for yall opinions on this. I can be pretty certain about the clamps tightness. I fixed those clamps on the cross-pipe already.
I am getting the same amount of psi as I did before install, but the power jump in later after I hit the gas compare to what I get before. This is what I am concerning.
Well, I happened to have a forge MBC in my inventory, it was from ECS tunning. I think it will worth a try if that could possibly fix that.

Old 08-13-2007, 01:39 PM
I'm make believe

A little extra lag is expected, but how many are we talking about? "big ***" is a little to undefined

Old 08-13-2007, 02:05 PM
2nd Gear

ORIGINAL: diehlryan

you really could use a BM to control onset though and correct and lag right?
You can adjust it and "make" the turbo spool quicker by eliminating or severly limiting wastegate creep.

the key word here is "limited" control. it must be noted that adjusting it too aggressively will keep the wastegate fully closed at all times which is also unwanted.

i adjusted mine and it has made a big difference in the smoothness of boost delivery and also the amount of time that the turbo hits full boost. i am actually quite impressed.

Old 08-13-2007, 02:10 PM
I'm make believe

ORIGINAL: DurTTy

You can adjust it and "make" the turbo spool quicker by eliminating or severly limiting wastegate creep.

Just like ALL mbc's

the key word here is "limited" control. it must be noted that adjusting it too aggressively will keep the wastegate fully closed at all times which is also unwanted.

no, no, no. You would have to boost 30+ psi to keep the wastegate closed for the amount of time your talking about. Like i said before, its not like saying i want boost here and by turning the **** it will do that.....NOT GANNA HAPPEN.

i adjusted mine and it has made a big difference in the smoothness of boost delivery and also the amount of time that the turbo hits full boost. i am actually quite impressed.

Again, the same as other mbc's

Old 08-13-2007, 02:52 PM
2nd Gear

cincy difference of opinion but you can close the wastegate by limiting the signal to the n75. not necissarily based on the amount of boost you are puttign through. the wastgate actuator takes a different reading.

Old 08-13-2007, 02:58 PM
I'm make believe

not sure if you know how a wastegate and mbc/ebc works. The boost controller will bleed off x amount of boost so the wastegate doesnt see it, when that X amount is then reached, the rest goes to open the wastegate. You cant keep boost from the wastegate at all times unless your still building boost. Your trying to keep it closed will have you boost like crazy.

BTW, the n75 still reads boost via vac lines, not electronically, thats the map.

Old 08-13-2007, 03:17 PM
4th Gear

speaking of the map... dont you have to weld it somewhere on the tuner-stop kit or am i just crazy?

Old 08-13-2007, 03:25 PM
2nd Gear

yes u are right about the vac vs elec. sorry, what i was tryign to say is that the actuator can stop the n75 from reading the correct signal in order to open the wategate. once again it has to be set that way.

at least that is my understanding of it.

Old 08-13-2007, 03:29 PM
2nd Gear

TT Kid. to be honest with you i would go with the Tcarbon Kit. maybe its just me but i dont like all those pipes crawling over the top of the motor. Furthermore, if you are going to install it, you better be ready to do some extra work, its not a screwdriver and plyers job.

if you are going to pay some one else to do the job the tuner stop kit will end up costing you a lot more $$ for install, people will always find some way to cahrge you more and cutting, sizing, etc is just an excuse for some1 to R@pe you in the @ss while they take their sweet @ss time to bill you further.

just my experience. thats why i dont bother with shops unless i obsolutely must.

Quick Reply: Huge Turbo lag after Tcarbon FMIC installed???