Audi TT The Audi TT line, in both the coupe and roadster combines Audi's All Wheel Drive performance with the feel of a European sports car.

I just Can never win...

Search this Thread

Old 08-25-2008, 10:25 PM
Default I just Can never win...

Sooo another fun story. Driving home, I turn onto an unlit onramp only a couple minutes from the exit to my house. Im traveling down the onramp, approx 100 yds or so behind a ford pickup. i never see the ford swerve, and just before the onramp breaks open onto the highway, I catch a glimpse in my headlights of a retread spread almost entirely across the onramp, Before i could react i had hit and literally jumped the retread. I pull over, get out, and check the damage only to see my front lip is cracked, the center lower grill is busted out, my skid plate is ripped completely off, and the plastic on the inside of my drivers side wheel well is ripped down. AGGHHH!!
...So first i catch a milkshake in the grill...FIXED via $30 metal mesh badgeless..
then proceed to lose 50% of the weight of my car in paneling... all within 3 weeks.. AWESOME! Any ideas where i could pick up a skidplate cheap? i know some of the salvage yards around here, but last i checked no one had any tt's in, and i just have this feeling a dealer will want an arm and a leg...maybe my torso and a thumb as well for one...Also, I didnt get a chance to look at it as its dark, but will the front lip detatch from the bumper cover?

Another off topic question, I just recieved my forge splitter dv/bov today, tuning wise anyone running this have suggestions on settings? Im f'sho new to all this and want to make sure im getting it right. I have some flutter when i let off the throttle right around peak boost. turned the adjustment both ways and cannot get it to go away, is this a normal sound? I know my description isnt the best so bear with me guys!

thanks!!

Old 08-25-2008, 10:43 PM
I'm make believe

The skid plate isnt a huge necessity. many of us have run w/o them for years with no issues. The front lip will detach, you can replace it with stock or get a votex lip (which is a little nicer).

As for the dv, you should start off low (like 15 clicks or so) and keep adjusting it until you dont have any more flutter at full psi. You may still get some at < 5psi, but thats no big deal.

Old 08-25-2008, 11:32 PM

awesome! basically ive come to the assumption that you da man cincy...haha

Old 08-26-2008, 12:32 AM
2nd Gear

Maybe I misread something, but you cant replace just the lip it would have to be the whole dam front bumper, but I do hear a votex lip can cover alot of damage :-D I feel your pain....Also, there is a dieselgeek panzer plate, that is a metal skid plate as an option.
before after

and for your own parts reference

Old 08-26-2008, 03:48 AM

Thats originally what i thought, that i had to get an entirely new bumper cover to fix the damages to the lower lip, but that part diagram and stuff better showed the deal. Thats around the severity of my lip, with the center grill missing and all the skidplate stuff... How does the votex lip mount, ive seen some others out there for cheaper that i think look just as good, but again, i have no experience mounting these things and what have-ya.