Audi TT The Audi TT line, in both the coupe and roadster combines Audi's All Wheel Drive performance with the feel of a European sports car.

i need a part # on the OEM midpipe hanger

Old 04-23-2008, 01:02 PM
1st Gear
Default i need a part # on the OEM midpipe hanger

i never saw one of those on my car, and im guessing that is a partial reason why my DP tore off at the flange weld. lol.

also, it will fit a stock 2001 180QC, right? i have a factory 225 dual exhaust on my 180. i know the hanger bolts in, but are the holes already there on the late 01 and newer models?

Old 04-23-2008, 02:26 PM
I'm make believe
Default RE: i need a part # on the OEM midpipe hanger

180's (fwd or awd) dont have a hanger before the cat(s), only the 225 does. We have told you why your welds break and its not do to a hanger.

Believe the 225 part number is 8L9253193C but i dont think it will work

Old 04-23-2008, 02:28 PM
SoCal Crew Member

que?

http://www.mjmautohaus.com/catalog/p...oducts_id=1968

Old 04-23-2008, 03:32 PM
1st Gear

no, i trust your suggestion. i plan on changing out the mounts (the dogbone ASAP and the others when they get here). however, i cant imagine the entire exhaust system hanging off the DP Welds / flex pipe and the rear hangers can be a good thing. I'd feel better with something in the middle, and it looks like there is an oem part that might do the job, so it should be an easy install. peaceof mind type stuff.:-)

that part isnt what i was mentioning.

Old 04-23-2008, 03:54 PM
2nd Gear

I have a 225 w/ 3" Dp and a borla catback. I don't run a hanger...haven't since it was installed last summer....no issues at all.I was worried about this as well. Cincy gave me the blah blah blah how it doesn't matter. Since he know's very little and I felt sorry for him I decided to give him a chance and follow his advice.[&:]

The clamp in that link provided did come loose and I dropped my exhaust running around down town Seattle, LOL. Sounded like a beast, stopped people in their tracks... literally. What a sight to see....two guys in slacks and button downs underneath it in an alley putting it back together. I had to show up at a meeting with grease on my hands, face and shirt. The IT Director just about died laughing. That weekend I bought a commuter car. My 08 Civic Si coupe.

Old 04-23-2008, 04:15 PM
I'm make believe

ORIGINAL: chosos

no, i trust your suggestion. i plan on changing out the mounts (the dogbone ASAP and the others when they get here). however, i cant imagine the entire exhaust system hanging off the DP Welds / flex pipe and the rear hangers can be a good thing. I'd feel better with something in the middle, and it looks like there is an oem part that might do the job, so it should be an easy install. peaceof mind type stuff.:-)

that part isnt what i was mentioning.
It isnt the part because i said there was NO 180 HANGER [sm=headbang.gif]

No 180 has a hanger and has no need for one. The pipe is basically strait and doesnt support anything. Once you get the mounts changed, the engine wont move and there wont be enough force to break the dp again. If you want a hanger, have them weld on a peice, it will again be custom since there is no 180 part.

Old 04-23-2008, 06:23 PM
SoCal Crew Member

ORIGINAL: Mobius97

I have a 225 w/ 3" Dp and a borla catback. I don't run a hanger...haven't since it was installed last summer....no issues at all.I was worried about this as well. Cincy gave me the blah blah blah how it doesn't matter. Since he know's very little and I felt sorry for him I decided to give him a chance and follow his advice.[&:]

The clamp in that link provided did come loose and I dropped my exhaust running around down town Seattle, LOL. Sounded like a beast, stopped people in their tracks... literally. What a sight to see....two guys in slacks and button downs underneath it in an alley putting it back together. I had to show up at a meeting with grease on my hands, face and shirt. The IT Director just about died laughing. That weekend I bought a commuter car. My 08 Civic Si coupe.
heh. i remember when i had problems with my Forge 004, i'd test it out and during lunch break and swapping my DV in and out with the BoV. caught alot of attention considering how loud the 004 is

Old 04-24-2008, 08:18 AM
1st Gear

okay, they put it all back together and the inside of the DPwas covered in carbon. The mech also said my new o2 sensors were carbon'd up a bit, but should be fine (he still blaims non factory O2 sensors). He told me i had to be running rich for there to be so much carbon and told me that the pipe was superheated and that is why the weld failed from all the change in heat.

He fixed it and it sounds quiet, but I notice that I am backfiring off a cold start in the morning and in low gears under moderate acceleration.

I have a newer MAF (last 3-4 months)
Newer coil packs (2 months)
New Coolant Temp sensor (1 month)
I got plugs the start of this past winter

Old 04-24-2008, 01:06 PM
I'm make believe

An o2 is an o2. Dont know how having the stock clip on the o2 would make a differnce. If you are not running a cat, a backfire will happen sometimes

Old 04-24-2008, 01:37 PM
1st Gear

i am running a cat - that is why i wanted the center hanger for the exhaust - i thought it was alot of weight on the system.

he added in another short 2"flex pipe about 2-3 inches down from the flange. there is also another 3" flex on the bottom of the pipe as well. he double reinforced the pipe at the flange - basically he welded it back together, and then made a sleeve for it. (im guessing its bulletproof now).

my laptop is currently waiting on a new ac adapter (no vagcom for me). I cleared the CEL / Codes last night (autozone) after getting the exhaust fixed and havent had any CEL'spop up in the 40 or so miles ive put on it since then.

I had a K&N drop-in in the stock airbox, so my next step is to hit NAPA on the way homeand pick up a can of MAF cleaner so I can make sure my new MAF is fine. (When i put on the new intake, i noticed some filter oil buildup in the intake hose after the MAF).

What else could be a cause? vac leak? plug gap (too close or gapped too far??)

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: i need a part # on the OEM midpipe hanger