Audi TT The Audi TT line, in both the coupe and roadster combines Audi's All Wheel Drive performance with the feel of a European sports car.

Ibis White or Light Silver?

Search this Thread

Old 05-27-2007, 12:55 PM
1st Gear
Default RE: Ibis White or Light Silver?

ORIGINAL: ouTTie914

Sweet deal!
So.... How does it drive?
What's magnetic ride like? Do audi drivers really need parking assist? What's enhanced leather?

Oh yeah! Where are the pictures?
I have to admit, the magnetic ride is pretty damn impressive. I wouldn't have thought to get it because the regular suspension grips the road like a vise. But when you take a corner at 50 mph+ and it holds on like it's on rails, you know it's worth the extra cost. (It also feels good to know that you share magnetic ride with the TT's big brother, the R8.) I also loved watching the spoiler rise automatically when I surpassed 75 mph on the freeway yesterday, lol.

I like the park assist because of the blind spots (sharply angled roofline). It starts to beep when you get within a certain distance of a vehicle behind you and increases in frequency as you get closer and stays constant at around 1 foot from the object. I definitely wanted this and am happy with how it works.

But the two things I like most about the car are how peppy it is (it seems like you can accelerate past cars in any gear -- gotta love the combination of the S-Tronic and the space-frame construction!) and the Audi MMI. The technology on the car is amazing. I love the SD card/Ipod interfaces and the way it is all integrated into the Navigation system. All of the controls are incredibly easy to use -- much easier than the IDrive system on the BMW 335i that I considered. I also love how all of the navigation/audio information also displays in the instrument cluster with the flick of switch on the sport steering wheel. Then, of course, there is the red glow of all of the indicator lights and digital readouts throughout the cockpit. It's a dream to drive at night!

As for pix, I took several but couldn't figure out how to upload them to this site. Any tips would be appreciated.

Old 05-27-2007, 01:06 PM

I have a white one with the light grey leather. My S4 is silver with the black leather. My A4 is black on black... I love it for a commuter car, but black is a total pain in the *** as far as upkeep goes. You can't just wash it and go... you've gotta wax it and carefully dry it or it looks like crap.

Old 05-28-2007, 04:12 PM
1st Gear

Okay, here are a few pix of the new ride. Let me know what you think!

Old 05-28-2007, 11:17 PM
1st Gear

WOW... nice TT

I should upgrade soon too [8D]

Old 11-23-2007, 05:47 PM

man Ibis white is HOT....too bad its the beige interior (personally, i dont like the color of teh beige...although if the beige was the right beige, i would choose it in a second).

in your situation, i think i would choose the white even though im not a huge fan of the beige interior just cuz silver is all over the place....

I picked up a used Brilliant Black 08 TT a couple weeks ago...and I have a deposit on a new 08 white one with enhanced leather in black...
I'm making a few bucks selling this black one im currently driving so it can go towards the white one...I just didnt want to wait 3 months for the white one...that and I picked up the black one at a price i new i could make a few dollars on =0)

Cant wait for the Ibis white to come in though...axiously waiting antoher 2months...=0(

Old 11-23-2007, 09:18 PM
2nd Gear

Now chip it and really feel the power. Then when a good and OK priced exhaust comes out your golden. With the MKI silver used to be faster (cuz mine was silver) now with the MKII black is faster.