Audi TT The Audi TT line, in both the coupe and roadster combines Audi's All Wheel Drive performance with the feel of a European sports car.

Intake questions!!

Search this Thread

Old 03-09-2007, 05:40 AM
1st Gear
Default Intake questions!!

So, I'm going to do a custom DIY intake system using the stock airbox as a heatshield. I have the intake and couplers, but the one thing that stopped me from slapping the intake on today was the little hose thing on the left of the stock airbox. I'm guessing I shouldn't leave it open to air. Does it require a filter as well? I've seen tiny K&N Filters, but I don't know which is right. Sorry if these are noob questions, I'm to lazy to use the search right now. hence it's almost 12am.

-Brian

Old 03-09-2007, 08:02 AM
1st Gear
Default RE: Intake questions!!

Yes,

It needs a little filter on it, most kits either come with a filter, or a piece of foam that you wrap around the tip and zip tie on it. I think EVOMS comes with Foam, as well as Modshack.

Old 03-09-2007, 12:45 PM
2nd Gear

Yeah just go to a music store and buy a little foam microphone cover, it fits perfect and i'm pretty sure thats what came with my modshack vtda. But you dont have to take my word for it.

Old 03-09-2007, 01:29 PM

ORIGINAL: moeron7

Yeah just go to a music store and buy a little foam microphone cover, it fits perfect and i'm pretty sure thats what came with my modshack vtda. But you dont have to take my word for it.
A foam microphone cover?!? Seems like a cheap way of addressing the problem. Especially when a VTDA runs $235. Definitely didn't expect that.

Maybe I'll go cut a piece of foam out of my mattress pad and duct tape it on the end. [:'(]

Old 03-09-2007, 01:30 PM
1st Gear

I did the EvoMs on my a4 and they do come with the little air filters. not the foam, im sure that the fome works just as well though

Old 03-09-2007, 01:45 PM
2nd Gear

ORIGINAL: diehlryan

ORIGINAL: moeron7

A foam microphone cover?!? Seems like a cheap way of addressing the problem. Especially when a VTDA runs $235. Definitely didn't expect that.

Maybe I'll go cut a piece of foam out of my mattress pad and duct tape it on the end. [:'(]
LOL. I know, thats what I thought too. Do you have a vtda? I'm pretty sure thats what it is. When I talked to steve at modshack he said that that hose onlyworks for like 45 seconds, i cant remember what he said it was. He used to put small filters in the package but I think he ran out.

Old 03-09-2007, 02:05 PM

he should fab the intakes so they can accept both the MAF and the secondary air injection hose as well...

what do you do with this hose? ziptie it to something else in the engine bay so it doesn't move around?

Old 03-09-2007, 02:24 PM
2nd Gear

Yeah thats all i did. I just kinda tucked it out of the way of moving parts and zip tied it. I'll eventually get a small filter just for looks, i like those little things. The problem is that hose would have to be longer to reach the vtda cause i dont think it will.

Old 03-10-2007, 02:58 AM
1st Gear

Thank's for all the feedback. Since I just bought a Forge 007p (installed it today) I'm running little low on cash, so I'm going to go to Autozone and just buy a conefilter for about 30 bucks and get that microphone foam stuff.... I can't really tell much difference from the Forge DV to the OEM one with a stock airfilter/box.

Old 03-12-2007, 07:45 AM
1st Gear

ORIGINAL: krnaudi

Thank's for all the feedback. Since I just bought a Forge 007p (installed it today) I'm running little low on cash, so I'm going to go to Autozone and just buy a conefilter for about 30 bucks and get that microphone foam stuff.... I can't really tell much difference from the Forge DV to the OEM one with a stock airfilter/box.
I wouldn't expect anything from the 007, not until you get to higher boost levels, it will be louder though once you get an intake on there.

Quick Reply: Intake questions!!