Audi TT The Audi TT line, in both the coupe and roadster combines Audi's All Wheel Drive performance with the feel of a European sports car.

Just Bought a New TT

Search this Thread

Old 01-09-2008, 09:04 PM
1st Gear
Default Just Bought a New TT

Hello everyone,

I have just bought a new TT on Ebay will get it within a few days. Here it is.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eB...193299324&rd=1

I know that buying a car without looking at it is not very smart. I am a citrus grower here in florida so I am use to fixing things. I work on equipment almost everyday. I am very good at working on farm machinery and engines (diesel and small gas) I have work on cars also since I was a kid. So I think I should be able to tackle any issues from this high millage car. I have bought and received the Bentley manual. I read through the post and figure the timing belt and water pump is something I should look into, is there a way to see if it urgently needs to be changed? If not I will just do it. Any good advice on what I should do mechanically do to it. I will change all of the fluids right away and filter right away.

thank you

Old 01-09-2008, 09:18 PM
I'm make believe
Default RE: Just Bought a New TT

they dont really give warning, the tb just kind of breaks or skips a tooth or 3

Old 01-09-2008, 09:23 PM
1st Gear

btw it says on that page that it has xenon lights, and unless they are aftermarket, I'm pretty sure they are HIDs. Nice buy though. You'll have fun

Old 01-09-2008, 09:25 PM
2nd Gear

If it hasn't been changed yet, at that mileage it could go at any time. Audis are kinda quirky compared to domestic machinery, but you should do alright with it.

Old 01-09-2008, 10:07 PM
1st Gear

I guess what I was wondering was that if I remove the cover will I be able to see if the belt is worn? What about the Turbo or anything else that would be smart to replace or look at? I can't wait to get my hands on it.

Old 01-09-2008, 10:10 PM
I'm make believe

the tensioner is what fails, not the belt itself. As for the turbo, best to keep running it until it either smokes, makes strange noises, and/or stops making boost. Until you get one of those, dont worry about the turbo.

Old 01-10-2008, 06:18 AM
2nd Gear

Hard to believe that the person that sold you the car on eBay opened the bidding at only $200. with no reserve. He was either real confident, in serious need to sell the car, or just real stupid. Good luck with it.

Old 01-10-2008, 04:28 PM
1st Gear

the reserve was $8200.00

Old 01-10-2008, 04:58 PM

Looks like a nice car. What I am curious about is that there was conspicuously absent a pic of the driver's side seat bolster towards the door. I've noticed that they tend to get pretty chewed up... especially with the grey interior. Mine had to be replaced and the car only had 25k on the clock.

Old 01-10-2008, 07:12 PM
2nd Gear

ORIGINAL: beefyosito

Looks like a nice car. What I am curious about is that there was conspicuously absent a pic of the driver's side seat bolster towards the door. I've noticed that they tend to get pretty chewed up... especially with the grey interior. Mine had to be replaced and the car only had 25k on the clock.
Nah, it's there, just not specifically:
Name:  076.jpg
Views: 56
Size:  70.6 KB
Name:  083.jpg
Views: 83
Size:  76.5 KB

Going from those two, it looks a little worn but not too bad.

Quick Reply: Just Bought a New TT