Audi TT The Audi TT line, in both the coupe and roadster combines Audi's All Wheel Drive performance with the feel of a European sports car.

Light Weight Pulleys and Turbo Questions

Search this Thread

Old 03-23-2008, 11:37 PM
2nd Gear
Default Light Weight Pulleys and Turbo Questions

I am going to ask to different questions in one post:
Whats the deal with ecs light weight pulleys for our cars? My girl had some light weight pulleys on her m3 they did add hp and she noticed a difference...mostly in gas mileage...Is any body running them on our cars or even a a4 or something? I am considering purchasing them in my next order with ecs in about a month!

My car jerks sometimes super bad its like the turbo cannot get air, What is causing this? I have a diode mod, TurboXS HPBC Forge Splitter...no upgraded hoses. I am almost certain for the most part it is my stock hose collapsing but it does it at 10 psi sometimes. Could it be i have a boost leak or my boost controller isn't tunes correctly. I am going to re gap my plugs at .28 tommorrow and see if that helps.

Old 03-24-2008, 10:36 AM
2nd Gear
Default RE: Light Weight Pulleys and Turbo Questions

i personally wouldnt spend so much more some simple pieces of aluminum.

Check here

they are exactly the same for a fraction of the cost. just search ebay > 1.8T pulley

and get the best prices one. realistically, as long as they are balanced it doesnt make any difference who makes them, the aluminum alloy used in the pulleys is the same as the ones on ecs or neuspeed.

Old 03-24-2008, 12:15 PM
1st Gear

ORIGINAL: DurTTy

Check here

they are exactly the same for a fraction of the cost. just search ebay > 1.8T pulley

and get the best prices one. realistically, as long as they are balanced it doesnt make any difference who makes them, the aluminum alloy used in the pulleys is the same as the ones on ecs or neuspeed.
So your ebay link part will work on a 2002 Audi TT 180hp??? Not a bad price...

Old 03-24-2008, 12:30 PM
1st Gear

i installed the lightweight crank pulley from ecs when i did my timing belt. it was part of one of their timing belt kits. the only difference i notice is a very slight increase in throttle response. probably wouldn't do it again.

Old 03-24-2008, 02:02 PM
SoCal Crew Member

if you didn't already red, with the new spec clutch

lightweight fly-wheel > lightweight pulleys.

fidanza ftw?

Old 03-24-2008, 02:45 PM
2nd Gear

ORIGINAL: Mininger

ORIGINAL: DurTTy

Check here

So your ebay link part will work on a 2002 Audi TT 180hp??? Not a bad price...
Those pulleys will fit any transverse 1.8T so that means

1999-2006 TT 1.8T 180 AND 225
Jetta/Golf/beattle 1.8T

also as the ad states, its not a power adder, its a power freeing mod.
im going to do it when i get my TB done cuz my AC pulley is making a little noise, but thats the only reason why. its cheaper for me to replace with lightweight aftermarket pulleys than buying a pulley from thje delaer or ripping one off a junkyard motor.

Old 03-24-2008, 05:23 PM
1st Gear

I have them installed when I changed my TB, got them pretty cheap from www.unorthodoxracing.com
Not definatelly sure about hp gain... but for sure, they are much lighter than stock ones.

Old 03-24-2008, 06:46 PM

dont waste the time on lw pulleys. more trouble that they are worth. as far as your boost problem, give more symptoms so i can help. right now what your describing sounds to me like thethrottle issues associated with the diode mod.

Old 03-24-2008, 06:50 PM
2nd Gear

yea i put 1 heat range colder plugs today problemo fixed! They where 65 dollars at napa but whatever...seafoam fouled my other one lol

Old 03-25-2008, 11:07 PM
2nd Gear

problemo not fixed screw the diode i want power time to shell out the doe unitune on its way

Quick Reply: Light Weight Pulleys and Turbo Questions