Audi TT The Audi TT line, in both the coupe and roadster combines Audi's All Wheel Drive performance with the feel of a European sports car.

Looking for TT

Search this Thread

Old 12-29-2007, 09:45 PM
Default Looking for TT

I found a beautiful 01 TT AWD with 64k miles but it has been repaired after a front left quarter damage. new suspension, left front fender, bumper and hood. drives fine but I havent taken it to a mechanic yet. The airbag light flashes for about 5 minutes then goes out. the asking price is $11,500 I've always stayed away from a car with any accident damagebefore but am considering this one. would any of you guys consider buying a TT with this damage. Also there is no mx history. opinions?

Old 12-29-2007, 11:19 PM
1st Gear
Default RE: Looking for TT

bes thing is you take it to a vw-audi independant shop that can vag com your car for any codes. also they can check the mechanical stuff underneath and in the engine..

even if you spend 200 dollars on checking it think of it as an investment to make sure your getting a good car. Some audiĀ“s have major problems and people hate themselves for getting a lemon. I checked my TT from front to back when i bought mine and i have no major problems.

Old 12-30-2007, 12:48 PM
2nd Gear
Default RE: Looking for TT

I wouldn't worry about the air bag light. Mine does the same thing, but only when the car is cold. I think the air bag on/off switch needs to be cleaned to fix the problem. Mine was never in a accident, so it's not the air bag itself.

The price is good. Does it have a salvage title? If so, good luck getting a loan or using the car on a house loan. The same tt without being in an accident would be about $14500, in my area. I would for sure get the completely car checked out.