Audi TT The Audi TT line, in both the coupe and roadster combines Audi's All Wheel Drive performance with the feel of a European sports car.

Messed my alternator shaft, help!!!!

Search this Thread

Old 05-31-2006, 03:18 AM
Default Messed my alternator shaft, help!!!!

I was trying to install the ECS underdrive pulleys and had the tool for the alternator pulley. I had the removal tool set in with a *MM allen inside and as i tried to loosen it it started to slip and ultimately the allen shaped shaft is no longer allen shaped more like round. Worst is it didnt loosen it either. Im guessing i needed that thing perfect to install the underdrive pulley.

So now what can i do to solve this?

Do they sell the shaft by itself? Is there any solution so i can put my underdrive pulleys? I have a huge bruise in my forearm so you can gues im freaking gonna take the darn clutched pulley out and "URINATE ON IT!!" pardon my french. Please post any solution or if anyone else had this incident.

Old 05-31-2006, 11:04 PM
5th Gear
Default RE: Messed my alternator shaft, help!!!!

keep the stock pulleys.

I'm sure the engine components were designed to spin the speeds they spin, and by under driving them, the gain isn't really worth much.

Really want to use them? Find yourself a new alternator, practice pulling the pulley on the old one until you can get it right, and then cross your fingers and try again with your replacement.