Audi TT The Audi TT line, in both the coupe and roadster combines Audi's All Wheel Drive performance with the feel of a European sports car.

Might as well spill the beans...

Search this Thread

Old 04-08-2008, 10:10 PM
4th Gear
Default RE: Might as well spill the beans...

painting" a hood to so that it "appears" to be carbon fiber? I know my roots...
trust me, youd think it was carbon fiber, cant tell difference at all

Old 04-08-2008, 10:21 PM
4th Gear

something kinda like this.. on an mk1 of course..

[IMG]local://upfiles/32964/EB86738DC0BF486092FD232051569D68.jpg[/IMG]

Old 04-08-2008, 10:46 PM
1st Gear

Old 04-08-2008, 11:05 PM
2nd Gear

hmmm...painted on carbon fiber? Kinda lame and poserish but to each his own...that isjust mine, one opinionoutta millions. If that's what you are cool with doing, go for it. I do ask this tho...why not just buy a carbon fiber hood??

Old 04-08-2008, 11:12 PM
SoCal Crew Member

ORIGINAL: AhDee_tt

ORIGINAL: .clipse

haha. gtfo here with your "audi class and prestige". know your roots, audi was first designed as a performance/rally machine back in the 80's with the "audi quattro."

anywho, if done right, it'll be ya, wow.
Ummm.... "painting" a hood to so that it "appears" to be carbon fiber? I know my roots... They didn't paint hoods in 1980's so that they appear to be lighter...

wellll i wasn't referring to that part, but more of the class/prestige part. here in the states' among the rest of the world besides europe, all german cars are marketed with such prestige and class. though, audi's, BMW's and Mercede's seem to be all too common ( went to amsterdam last year ). it's kind of how the corvette is coveted in europe and oldsmobile's are china's luxury line. that kinda dealy. oh well wutev lol.

Old 04-09-2008, 05:48 AM
2nd Gear

I thought Carbon Fiber was popular because of its rigidity and ultra light weight; not for its looks.

IMO, carbon fiber doesnt really look good. I DO like it's properties (lightweight, strong) but I don't think I'd want carbon fiber unless it didn't look like carbon fiber.

-shrugs-

Old 04-09-2008, 09:32 AM
1st Gear

ORIGINAL: neur0tic

I thought Carbon Fiber was popular because of its rigidity and ultra light weight; not for its looks.

IMO, carbon fiber doesnt really look good. I DO like it's properties (lightweight, strong) but I don't think I'd want carbon fiber unless it didn't look like carbon fiber.

-shrugs-

Exactly, I have always told myself if I were to get carbon fiber anything it would be repainted the color of my car. So I didnt look like a multi colored clown car. To each is his own though I guess.

Old 04-09-2008, 11:18 AM
2nd Gear

i like cf when it is painted the color of the car.... thats about it... or cf on a black car is cool too.
when painted you can kind of see the pattern of the cf still. That looks way cooler imo.

Old 04-09-2008, 11:37 AM
1st Gear

Plain and simple Carbon fiber isnt for looks, its carbon fiber for a reason not just colored and pattern that way for kicks. I just think this is identical to buying a honda part off ebay and asking if it fits our car. So i would suggest "spilling the beans" off the hood and in the toilet where it belongs.

Old 04-09-2008, 02:48 PM
2nd Gear

audi was first designed as a performance/rally machine back in the 80's with the "audi quattro."
Do people not realize that was almost a century after Audi was formed?

Quick Reply: Might as well spill the beans...