Audi TT The Audi TT line, in both the coupe and roadster combines Audi's All Wheel Drive performance with the feel of a European sports car.

Money's in...mods are next

Search this Thread

Old 10-28-2007, 10:05 PM
1st Gear
Default RE: Money's in...mods are next

I checked them out last time you said something about them and they looked good-especially for the money...

Old 10-28-2007, 10:12 PM
1st Gear

Nice list of mods, but first, I would start ( and I did it ) making upgrades from suspensions, sway bars, brakes and wheels ( 18" +) and good tires. So you can be a little bit more sure, that your car's gonna have a good grip on the road as soon as you add more hp a torque..

Old 10-28-2007, 10:14 PM
I'm make believe

ORIGINAL: outinfront

I checked them out last time you said something about them and they looked good-especially for the money...
which.... these

or THESE?

They are both mine and i love them to much. Its unnatural

Old 10-28-2007, 10:35 PM
2nd Gear

lol Cincy[8D]

if you want nice and FULL susp. upgrade then stick with a setup that the stock engine system will hold the BT upgrade. get a nice kit with a turbo for 3-4k with WG ext or int. up to you. im going Ext. personally. Important to NOTE: just coilovers will not cut it, the suspension system is bade up of more than just shocks and springs, and with coilovers i think you need a chamber kit. last thing you need is cracking/bent control arms from premature wear due to bad suspension geometry. worn tires are cheap, audi control arms are not.

that will give you some $$ buffer to do w/e else you want.

also for Big Brake upgrades, Boxter brakes will fit our cars, there is a local guy here that will do the install as it is VERY popular with TT owners in Europe. when i went in to use his hoist to paint my calipers we chatted and it is something that audi/vw/prosche shops do quite often for their customers, may be a good option and worth considering if you wont be charged a lot. remember its all about comparison

Old 10-28-2007, 10:39 PM
1st Gear

The Wilwoods...where are the scats from?

Old 10-28-2007, 10:42 PM
I'm make believe

i got the scats from qedpower.com but im sure arnold @ pag can get you some also.

Old 10-28-2007, 10:44 PM
1st Gear

Yea I'm tracking on all the other stuff, too..like you mentioned, the camber kit, sway bars,and so on...I'm keeping the 17's for now...I saw a TT the other day with 20's on, but that's a little crazy-19's seem like a good fit to me...

Old 10-28-2007, 10:56 PM
1st Gear

Arnold quoted me around 400..he seems to be able to get you most of what you need-he may turn out to be one of the best kept secrets of the Audi upgrade community

Old 10-28-2007, 10:59 PM
I'm make believe

Bob Q at qedpower will sell them for i think it was $360-365 shipped

Old 10-28-2007, 11:09 PM
2nd Gear

ORIGINAL: outinfront

Yea I'm tracking on all the other stuff, too..like you mentioned, the camber kit, sway bars,and so on...I'm keeping the 17's for now...I saw a TT the other day with 20's on, but that's a little crazy-19's seem like a good fit to me...
i have 18s, teh prev owner had them. only reason i kept them despite the fact that they DO look nice, is that they had brand new ZR tires on them, had they been some cheap tires woulda sold the rims in a heart beat. id go with smaller rims 17 good, or even 16s. especially if you are going to lower the car and do suspension etc, you may want to get some smaller tires, remember less rotational weight = more speed, plus when you get larger tires your spedometer and kms will be off. but it comes down to taste vs performance, you make the call.

i am sure that if you make one large order from arnold he may knock $$ down a bit. Also one vendor = less $$ shipped, but the $$ Cincy posted is really good considering what you are getting, but once again, considering that you are 225, just like ATC, you should be fine with the stock unless you are going all out. which i can understand

just a thought*** what would happen to the AW cult once all the BTs start popping up here?**** hmmm.... i wonder how many run VTDA as well... oh cr@p i feel a swat coming along somewhere.. [:-]

Quick Reply: Money's in...mods are next