Audi TT The Audi TT line, in both the coupe and roadster combines Audi's All Wheel Drive performance with the feel of a European sports car.

Money's in...mods are next

Search this Thread

Old 10-29-2007, 04:18 PM
I'm make believe
Default RE: Money's in...mods are next

Im happy with the 5spd. Works for me.

Old 10-29-2007, 04:22 PM
1st Gear

wait are you saying i need the clutch and then another 1k for the kit on top of that, or 1k for everything

Old 10-29-2007, 04:56 PM
I'm make believe

$1k for clutch disc, lightweight flywheel, fw bolts, pressure plate and alignment tool. Everything you need will be included. Just make sure you get something that will hold 400ft lbs min.

Old 10-29-2007, 05:15 PM
2nd Gear

ORIGINAL: cincyTT

$1k for clutch disc, lightweight flywheel, fw bolts, pressure plate and alignment tool. Everything you need will be included. Just make sure you get something that will hold 400ft lbs min.
check tex... clutch kit is on sale right now for 02m as well.

Old 10-29-2007, 05:51 PM
2nd Gear

ORIGINAL: outinfront

Yea--
I talked with Arnold at Pag today..man, he's priced well, but I don't know if 10k would cover it IN ADDITION to what else I want to do....he quoted me 4k for a 2871 kit, not counting IC..but I still can't go with tcarbon..would be comfortable w/anything but forge or apr, I know they're more $$..so if were looking at 5k for the full kit with FMIC, then we go for the dv, bm, exhaust, and w/m, that's another 1000---then I can get the suspension I need plus the cambers and sway for say, 1000, maybe just over, and some upgraded machined brakes for another 750 to 1000, that's around 7.5 to 8 before labor, but like I said labor won't be that much SOOOOO, here's the other mod list option now:

1. ECU 500- 800 depending on the tune if you go BT then expect 800$, call the eurodyne/untitronics direct and they can drop $$ for you
2.FMIC honestly for you hp goals, TCarbon is fine. +w/m to help it out.
3.FULL 3" EXHAUST if you pay more that 500 WITH LABOUR, walk away and look again. im getting mine 3" with mufler, resonator 550 $ installed CDN funds ... aluminized of coarse. and thats standard .
4.STAGE II W/M KIT you can wait till it goes on sale .. its just a matter of time or you can pay i thnk its close to 500$ .. check neur0tic .. his tcarbon is working just fine with w/m even better besides, i have not seen you post once the need for a VAG Com. nor in this list. so im not really envisioning you tuning this product. and will advise you not to waste your money on this if you are not prepared to buy a vag as well.
5.FORGE DV 130$ TOPS, go on tex... you will find lots for sale
6.NS HBCM ---i have no idea what this accronym so i wont bother, its neusouth boost controller ?>?? just a guess
7.KN AIR FILTER .... ok honestly just get a shroom, but if you must go k/n it cant cost more than 50$
honestly i dont know where you get the 3k total from the above listed. unless i read your post incorrectly.

if you want to keep stock turbo then you will have more than enough $$ left over. you dont have to GO CRAZY. but like i suggested originally, 3.5k b4 labour with a FULL BT including SW is much more feasable. seriously look into a t360trim.

drop the w/m which can wait 4 you, i know its cool and all and exciting etc... but its not just as simple as bolt on and voila instant crazy hp!!!! if you drop W/M and take the cost of a Tcarbon, then you can get the forge/apr fmic along with the BT kit, mind you stick to a journal bearing turbo if you want to shave $$ off the top. the think about the pagpart kits, is that once you get the stuff in there and installed. lets say in a few years or w/e all you have to do is change the turbo itself and use a t3 flange or w/e you chose. meanwhile what your thinking, you wil chip this upgrade that do this... and then when and if you want BT, your just gonna have to rip all the Sh8t out and rechip the car. --jsut some insight---

also if you think you gonna hit 290 - 300 hp+ on a k04-022 ... [] id like to see how long that will last.

chip tune on a 225 with exhaust , green temp sensor, 3bar. and intake ( open element filter) :
stock chipped
[align=center]TT[/align][align=center]1.8T[/align][align=center]00-06[/align][align=center]225hp/207lb-ft[/align][align=center]260hp/257lb-ft[/align]
remember that is at Crank and really at the threshold of the turbo, and guess what when you hit quattro ... what do you think happens to that pwr @ wheels.. [:@] yea pwrtrain loss is a biach. but then again so is wheel spin [&:] for you 2wheelers [8D]

me personally i would take Performance over looks, i think the TT is beautifull stock minus the silver valance black> and also the audi symbol in the front is too grandma for me.. i like the fact some pple have no idea what it is. but thats bout it ... 4 me at least. MAYB i would get the CF 3.2 wing emulation .. but the price ... no thanks !! if a truck rolls over and i happen to be there... then yea no probs.

havin said that, consider the total i posted for you, they are more realistic than your projections, and if those totals are actual ones you got, then you talkin to the wrong people.

oh i dont know why i didnt mention this b4 .. but, once you have BT ... you can get some of your money back by selling your old stuff. but that is a given.

Old 10-29-2007, 06:06 PM
I'm make believe

Telling him to get a tCarbon kit is like telling him to buy a ebay core.... sorry Tylor

Old 10-29-2007, 09:37 PM
2nd Gear

If you want a K&N drop in filter I'll give you mine for 10 bucks. It's been used less than 1,500 miles.

Old 10-29-2007, 11:59 PM
1st Gear

Alright, Durtty, if your price projections are right, then that's the way to go...but like I said, Arnold quoted me 4k for a 2871..I don't know how much the t360 would be, though....what kind of power is that capable of, anyway? I still have to go with Forge for the FMIC....yea, it costs more, but I'm willing to deal with that...I agree with you about the exterior mods...it's a beautiful car as it is. Maybe some minor body work at the most like tint and tailight covers, but lowering it alonewould give it a much needed more agressive look-that acronym I meant was the boost control

Old 10-30-2007, 12:09 AM
I'm make believe

the 2871r will make ~300-310awhp on pump and the t3s60 will make ~270awhp on pump. Both will make plenty more on w/m or race gas with more psi/timing The t3s60 will probably be about $500+ cheaper.

The forge kit is nice, but i really dont like tube and fin intercoolers personally. You trade possible pressure dropfor less cooling. I rather have a nice bar and plate icthat is properly sized for my app along with piping then run a tube and fin. Iat's should be a noticably differnt between the 2 with a larger turbo than with a stock turbo.

Old 10-30-2007, 12:34 AM
1st Gear

Iats?

Quick Reply: Money's in...mods are next