Audi TT The Audi TT line, in both the coupe and roadster combines Audi's All Wheel Drive performance with the feel of a European sports car.

More Power

Search this Thread

Old 03-04-2006, 11:34 PM
1st Gear
Default More Power

Hey everyone. I've got a 180hp 2001 TT, and I'm looking at getting more power. I hear the way to do it is to chip it and get a new cold air intake and exhaust system. Which type would you suggest? I'm looking for something decently cheap but still good quality. I hear borla and apr a lot. Whats better, cheaper, any website I should be looking at?

Old 03-05-2006, 12:00 PM
6th Gear
Default RE: More Power

Hey welcome to the forums. Go into the A4 forum. At the top of the forum is a listing of companies that have aftermarket products.

Old 03-05-2006, 04:13 PM
1st Gear

hey there! welcome to audiforums!

we have a ton of things to make your 180 the envy of all 225 owners!

let me know if you have any questions about the products on our site. you can pm or e-mail me.

here are a couple quick questions and suggestions:

#1 are you looking for 30-40hp and 50-70tq? then this is my suggestion (stg1+):

- REVO Chip - $500
- Milltek Cat-back Exhaust - $869
- Diverter Valve - $155
- Intake (we suggest staying with the nice stock cold-air setup and doing a K&N drop in filter) - $50
- Forge Silicone Turbo Inlet Hose - $190

#2 are you looking for a lot more than 30-40hp eventually?.. then you shouldn't waste money doing small upgrades and then redoing everything again:

- Our Turbokit (see our site for what's included) - $3029-3698 ($ depends on what kind of hp you're looking for)
- Full exhaust (downpipe and catback) $869 + $400
- Diverter Valve - $155
- Forge FMIC - $1550

Old 03-05-2006, 09:43 PM
1st Gear

borla cat-back from eurocodetuning.com $639, cheaper than apr and milltek and also million mile warranty

Old 03-06-2006, 03:34 AM
1st Gear

true.. but borla also doesn't result in milltek's sexy deep sound that matches the audi's euro image so much better (in my opinion)..

Old 03-06-2006, 09:43 PM

If you have a front tract, Borla is your only choice. As for intakes, take a look at ModShack's VTDA.

Old 03-07-2006, 05:42 PM
1st Gear

Im sure they both sound exellent, why spend an extra couple hundred just for the sound. Im sure there are varying opinions on which one sounds better, but your still going to get the same performance gains.

Old 03-07-2006, 05:49 PM
1st Gear

not trying to be mean or anything but you do gotta boast your own products that you sell, so I really doubt you will recommend anything else. Don't get me wrong I will still be gettin a turbo kit from you guys(money is an issue so prob not til mid summer lol), definitly one of the best kits around. you seem very knowlegable with everyones questions and issues.

Old 03-07-2006, 06:52 PM
1st Gear

i completely agree. and we sell borla as well.. but we normally recommend milltek or ghl (also very nice and extremely nice quality and fit) to most of our audi clients, since most of them like a more subtle sound and not a loud raspy sound. everyone has different tastes of course.. we just find that most seem to prefer milltek and ghl in the long run... which is why we recommend these particular products.. it's got nothing to do with dollars. we just want to make sure the products we recommend to our customers will make them satisfied and come back to us in the future for more advise.

Old 03-08-2006, 12:16 AM
2nd Gear

ORIGINAL: Emil@RENN=ART
but we normally recommend milltek or ghl (also very nice and extremely nice quality and fit) to most of our audi clients, since most of them like a more subtle sound and not a loud raspy sound.
I've got a borla, and well, yea, it dosn't sound "lound and raspy". You've got to be kidding me... You must be getting some nice kick-backs from Miltek to promote their muffler, or a little more $ to say that... Nothing wrong with the borla at all, it sounds amazing...

Quick Reply: More Power