Audi TT The Audi TT line, in both the coupe and roadster combines Audi's All Wheel Drive performance with the feel of a European sports car.

Need help with suspension and motor mount repair

Search this Thread

Old 01-29-2008, 11:19 AM
2nd Gear
Default Need help with suspension and motor mount repair

I had my car in for some service, and they didnt do was the new dogbone bushings (ecstuning) becaue they were concerned about the frailty of the stock mounts with increased boost and it being an older car (01 225 qr w/85k), so they suggested getting upgraded mounts. I think they suggested abd. Ecstuning is out of stock on the vf engineering, any suggestions there?

one of my front sway bar bushings is cracked, cups are kinda chewed up, also the rear shocks were leaking and boots were pretty gone. I need suggestions here. I am fine with getting a new front sway bar and requisite hardware. What should I do about the shocks though? I dont want to lower my car to the extent to require a kmac, I am in vermont and the roads blow. I am fine spending a little more here to upgrade, but going coilovers seems like overkill.

Last hesaid the upper fill plug on the diff was sketchy and that they would like me to get another one before they do the replace in case it craps out when they remove it, any one got a link?

Old 01-29-2008, 11:48 AM
Default RE: Need advice on several maintenance points

the dogbone thing is crap IMO.

why spend the extra coupla $100 on VF Engineering. Just replace the bushing and be done.

Old 01-29-2008, 02:21 PM
I'm make believe
Default RE: Need advice on several maintenance points

You can change the dogbone bushings and leave the other mounts stock. 90% of the people that have change the dogbone are on stock mounts. If you really want new engine mounts, INA sells street ones that are 25% stiffer than stock. The VF are far stiffer than what is needed for a mild street car.

You might want to see another mech, he sounds like he might be taking advantage. Its the audi badge that makes him think he can