Audi TT The Audi TT line, in both the coupe and roadster combines Audi's All Wheel Drive performance with the feel of a European sports car.

Need help, working/traveling

Search this Thread

Old 07-07-2008, 12:20 AM
1st Gear
Default Need help, working/traveling

Okay, I am working many miles/hours from home, 7 days a week, 12 hrs a day, and very very busy, for who knows how long....

But, I been having some issues and tonight, something is not cool...

Seems like my high boost has dropped, allowing me to hit 19psi. If I am cycling the gears, the boost will drop off down to about 15-16 from 19-20, until I hit 5th, or 6th... So if I adjust my MBC, it will not change any higher....

Thinking it's the TurboSmart Dual Stage that the car does not like. BUT tonight, I was passing someone and the boost dropped down quickly to 12, and car shuttered. It drives fine, idles fine, sounds fine, but if I get on the gas, I am limited to 12psi, and it sounds like it's cutting out and I get a slight shutter, so like it's being in limp mode.

So I wonder if my MBC has crapped out? It's electronic, and my stock N75 is 360 miles away..... I have no idea when I will get to go home, or where I will be from one day to the next.

Ideas?

-Skip

Old 07-07-2008, 02:48 AM
2nd Gear
Default RE: Need help, working/traveling

take it somewhere to run it for trouble codes. Your cel doesnt have to be on for something to be wrong, you could have a vac leak.

Old 07-07-2008, 09:58 PM
1st Gear

Ya well I do not have that luxury since I work before they open and after they close. I am going to call a place at the end of the week that is an APR dealer, and see if they can come in an hour early to help me out or something.

What about MAF issues? What is a sign of that?

Old 07-07-2008, 10:37 PM
2nd Gear

you could have similar problems with a dirty maf but my money goes to a small vac leak.

Old 07-07-2008, 10:48 PM
1st Gear

the vac leaks sounds really good. but think postive it could be your turbo taking a crap j\k

Old 07-07-2008, 11:40 PM
1st Gear

ORIGINAL: audiltr

but think postive it could be your turbo taking a crap j\k
See I would be if I were ready for a BT, but I want to pay some bills first, 2 more weeks and I could do APR Stage III+, but I really need to pay bills!

Old 07-09-2008, 01:13 AM
1st Gear

Well I drove by an Advance Auto store, and they scanned my car. Code P0103, High Circuit MAF or VAF so I am guessing the MAF is shot. So look for parts now, anything performance, or stick with stock?

Old 07-11-2008, 10:11 PM
1st Gear

Well got a new MAF today, and that is NOT the problem! Took my DV apart, and that seems fine, so must be a leak or bad MBC, or other things. I guess I will just drive it until I get a chance to bring it somewhere, which could be a month or two.

What does a bad turbo do?

Old 07-11-2008, 10:22 PM
1st Gear

Bad turbos smoke out the exhaust right?

Old 07-11-2008, 11:21 PM
1st Gear

You would think? Mine doesn't. It sounds fine. I know my DV is pretty quiet at the moment since this has started. The TIP is tight on the turbo, and I have not found any leaks.

It sucks that I have no tools except a leatherman, I am hundreds and many hours away from anyone I know/home, I havea work schedule that prevents me from getting anything done in a business day.

Quick Reply: Need help, working/traveling