Audi TT The Audi TT line, in both the coupe and roadster combines Audi's All Wheel Drive performance with the feel of a European sports car.

New to the forums and the Audi community

Search this Thread

Old 12-16-2006, 06:44 AM
1st Gear
Default New to the forums and the Audi community

Hey guys,

I just got a TT today. Paid 10,900. It's an 00 Quattro with 68,XXX. I'm feeling like I got a really good deal because whoever owned the thing before kept it in immaculate condition. There's a dent the size of a tennis ball on the a-pillar but that's about it for blemishes. Already has an APR chip too.[align=left] [/align]

Old 12-16-2006, 09:56 AM
4th Gear
Default RE: New to the forums and the Audi community

Sounds like a good deal to me!
Congrats on the TT! I promise you'll fall in love(if you haven't already)!

Post some pictures if you can!

Old 12-16-2006, 12:04 PM
3rd Gear

Welcome to the forums! Enjoy the new ride.

Old 12-16-2006, 01:18 PM
1st Gear

Congratulations! I'm fairly new to this Forum as well, and have found it's both entertaining and informative.

If you're wanting to get the dent fixed, it sounds like a great candidate for PDR (paintless dent repair). I'm sure someone on here could recommend a good PDR person to you for your area.

Enjoy the ride!

Old 12-16-2006, 02:34 PM
3rd Gear

Welcome, and congrats on the TT. Sounds like you got yourself a pretty good deal. If you ever have any questions just search for it because alot of questions can be answerd or have allready been. If you dont fine anything that is helping you just post a question and you will get some sort of response from a number of different people. Congrats again and Welcome!

Old 12-16-2006, 02:50 PM
1st Gear
Default Welcome!

Welcome! I've owned everything from a Jag XJR.....Saab's......to a Lexus Sc400 and nothing can put a smile on your face while driving like a Quattro TT!!! Not to mention if you have a question or concern about the car the people on this site are very helpful and knowledgeable.

Old 12-16-2006, 02:54 PM
2nd Gear
Default RE: Welcome!

Welcome to the forum. You'll really enjoy the car. I noted that you had 68,000 miles on it. Please get the Timing Belt, Tensioner and Waterpump replaced ASAP. The 1.8T is a wonderful engine, but the timing belt is the weak link. There are numerous accounts of failures at 60-80,000 miles. It is cheap insurance to save you $7,000 to rebuild the engine.

Old 12-16-2006, 03:56 PM
1st Gear

Welcome to the site!!!

I also have a 2000 TT quattro. i purchased mine with 83k on it. It also was well taken car of. The guy that traded it did everything to it, service wise. I paid $9700. I just did T belt water pump tensioner belt etc.... Haldex service Oil change for the 2nd time and am going to do i think a passenger side front axle Sounds like it has a grinding noise there. I love my car.

I agree with everyone!!! DO YOUR TIMING BELT IF IT ALREADY HASNT BEEN DONE!!!

Well welcome and enjoy OUttie914 is right you will love her.

Jewbin

Old 12-16-2006, 04:12 PM
4th Gear

Welcome aboard, mate! Lots to learn about your ride - especially if you want to improve what was already started with the chip

These guys on this here forum know their stuff - if not - some are crazy enough to go out and break theirs just to find out! [8D]

Old 12-16-2006, 05:24 PM
1st Gear

Thanks for all the replies guys. I'll get the timing belt and water pump replaced asap. Anyone in the Phoenix area that knows of a good shop?
[align=left] [/align]

Quick Reply: New to the forums and the Audi community