Audi TT The Audi TT line, in both the coupe and roadster combines Audi's All Wheel Drive performance with the feel of a European sports car.

New and need Help!

Search this Thread

Old 09-11-2008, 01:51 PM
Default New and need Help!

Hey everyone,

I'm picking up my 2000 tt today. I want to start upgrading it now. What can I do? I'm coming from a BMW, so I'm completely new to audi. Whats the best intake, exhaust, chip? Is there any other mod I should look at? I'm only seventeen, so try to keep it cheep haha. Thanks for everything!

Old 09-11-2008, 02:00 PM
4th Gear

haha welcome, i was 17 when i got mine too haha... anyways...

check out the stickies at the top of the page...

also, audi and cheap dont really mix, i learned so will you haha...

intakes: hks shroom filters have a good rep now, as do cone filters...
exhausts: it depends, if your FWD your options are limited to i think pretty much miltek
chips: APR, REVO, GIAC, and UNITRONIC... google those, they are all about the same

stuff is cheap though...

which bmw btw? i went from a 95' 740iL to my 02 TT

Old 09-11-2008, 05:27 PM

cheap and audi def don't mix. lol. and all that ur asking is what this forums is about. all has to do with opion. just read and you'll find the answers to all ur questions. also TTkid has a nice setup going rite there if you wanna refer to a 180Q. u haven't really told us wat model your getting.

Old 09-11-2008, 07:45 PM
Default since this is similar...let me ask

I'm also a relatively new TT owner ('02, 225hp coupe). Since I've been getting all nerdy with the 'improving my driving thing' lately I've been trying to learn what can I do to keep my car happy and healthy as well.

It had been suggested to me that I should first look into upgrading rims and breaks. One of the stickies here clearly starts by mentioning chipping the car. Maybe someone can help me out here. I know chipping is all about power, rims are about weight and other than being able to enter a corner faster because you can break faster what's another advantage to upgrading my breaks (besides getting some cool looking colored calipers )?

Would it be a better investment to go with the chip first?

Also, I was cursed with the synchro grind recently but swapping the transmission fluid has fixed that problem. My TT has ~53k miles on it and is otherwise in pretty good condition (prolly should think about replacing that pesky TB soon though huh).

Thanks for the advise/suggestions in advanced!