Audi TT The Audi TT line, in both the coupe and roadster combines Audi's All Wheel Drive performance with the feel of a European sports car.

NEWBIE HERE :) !

Search this Thread

Old 01-04-2007, 06:20 PM
1st Gear
Default NEWBIE HERE :) !

Hi Guys....

Just to introduce my situation a little, im a complete newbie to Audi's (i own an American Muscle car - a Mustang') ..
I have always been interested in the TT's... and just came across a GREATdeal on a 2000 TT Quattro... got around 136,000 km on the clock... blue with blue leather interior... its complete STOCK right now (which is great cause im planning on gradually doing mods...) test drove it and it seemed great!.. im taking it to Audi to get it all checked out and if everything goes smooth , I will have the car sitting on my drive way soon enough .....

I was just wondering if you guys could help me out with some queries and give me some advice on this particular model.... Come on guys, your the pros!! : D

1) What are the good and bad things about this particular model/year? Any major issues I should know of?
2) What are easy mods to do on this car? Are mods expensive?
3) Can i increase the boost .... etc
4) What is a good exhuast you guys can recommend ? which will give good performance and power? What price range will i be looking at?
5) What about a good air filter for these cars? Any particular brand I should use?

6) Is the transmittion reliable on this model?
7) When i first started it up , there was a little rattling from the engine but when it got cold it went away......is this normal?
8) How much would an engine overheal cost in general? (piston rings etc)
9) Could I get an online manual for the 2000 TT?

Sorry guys for all the questions just thinking of all these issues right now....
Any advice and help would be greatly appreciated..... Thanks again!!

Here is a pic of the TT -

[IMG]local://upfiles/28936/2C0C029E911740EEBE09872BE292BFEC.jpg[/IMG]

Old 01-05-2007, 01:12 AM
I'm make believe
Default RE: NEWBIE HERE :) !

ORIGINAL: dxb_ttquattro

Hi Guys....

Just to introduce my situation a little, im a complete newbie to Audi's (i own an American Muscle car - a Mustang') ..
I have always been interested in the TT's... and just came across a GREATdeal on a 2000 TT Quattro... got around 136,000 km on the clock... blue with blue leather interior... its complete STOCK right now (which is great cause im planning on gradually doing mods...) test drove it and it seemed great!.. im taking it to Audi to get it all checked out and if everything goes smooth , I will have the car sitting on my drive way soon enough .....

I was just wondering if you guys could help me out with some queries and give me some advice on this particular model.... Come on guys, your the pros!! : D

1) What are the good and bad things about this particular model/year? Any major issues I should know of?

nothing bad, main diff is it has a k03 not a ko4
2) What are easy mods to do on this car? Are mods expensive?

chip ($500), intake ($30-250), exhaust (depends on what you choose), color match headlights ($10), bigger turbo ($$$) it all depends on goals
3) Can i increase the boost .... etc

you can increase boost to 14psi with a boost controller and gauge, any more will send you to limp unless you use a diode.
4) What is a good exhuast you guys can recommend ? which will give good performance and power? What price range will i be looking at?

anything 2.5" or larger. also a atp ves is great becuase it opens a dump when you are in boost so when cruisin and you dont get the 3" sound droning in your ears.
5) What about a good air filter for these cars? Any particular brand I should use?

modshack makes products, k&n makes a drop in filter or you can just put a nice filter on your maf
6) Is the transmittion reliable on this model?

the syncro kinda sucks on all the cars, apparently switching to redline trans fluid with help with that.
7) When i first started it up , there was a little rattling from the engine but when it got cold it went away......is this normal?

not sure, is this everytime or when you first bought it?
8) How much would an engine overheal cost in general? (piston rings etc)

no need to replace pistons unless they are damaged (good for 600+hp) rings ($100+) rods (good till 300+ftlbs $350+)
9) Could I get an online manual for the 2000 TT?

buy a bently manual online, its a cd and around $100 i believe

Sorry guys for all the questions just thinking of all these issues right now....
Any advice and help would be greatly appreciated..... Thanks again!!

Here is a pic of the TT -

[IMG]local://upfiles/28936/2C0C029E911740EEBE09872BE292BFEC.jpg[/IMG]

Old 01-05-2007, 07:55 AM
1st Gear

Thanks for the advice.....
Just wondering what an ATP is?
And what about a dump valve? Should it be recirculating or VTA... because of the MAF when I increase the boost?

Old 01-05-2007, 11:01 AM
3rd Gear

Forge and Hyperboost make good DV for the TT. Check into them, I know that you can get a tuning kit with the Forge DV so when you increase boost you can put in a stiffer spring to help hold it.

Old 01-05-2007, 02:19 PM
I'm make believe

Thanks for the advice.....
Just wondering what an ATP is?
And what about a dump valve? Should it be recirculating or VTA... because of the MAF when I increase the boost?

atp is a company (atpturbo.com). they make so really good products and some not so good products. Search the forums and you will see. But one of there good products is the VES (virtual exhaust system) it is a exhaust cut out to act like a bigger exaust (see other thread).

your car should recirculate but many have success with a hks ssqv due to its dual pressure release system. It is manly preferance on how loud you want it. But take in mind that you can get plenty of noise with a intake and a dv. Also some bov's flow to much air and when set to vta your car WILL stall and you will lose both steering and braking...NOT FUN.

Old 01-06-2007, 10:37 AM
1st Gear

Thanks for thr advice guys..... the car was taken into Audi today to be fully checked over... im going tomorrow to see the result so fingers crossed there aren't any major problems !!!...

Ive been doing research on the forum of a popular exhaust for the car and found most of you use Borla... Is this the best for power, performance and sound?... What price am I looking at?? I went on borla.com tried to find a sound clip but no luck :S.....

Old 01-06-2007, 02:54 PM
2nd Gear

There are a bunch of different soundclips here

Old 01-06-2007, 02:59 PM
I'm make believe

Thanks for thr advice guys..... the car was taken into Audi today to be fully checked over... im going tomorrow to see the result so fingers crossed there aren't any major problems !!!...

Ive been doing research on the forum of a popular exhaust for the car and found most of you use Borla... Is this the best for power, performance and sound?... What price am I looking at?? I went on borla.com tried to find a sound clip but no luck :S.....
THere is a web page somewhere that had a bunch of tt's both 180 and 225's with differnt exhaust and sound clips but i cant seem to find it right now.

i have seen prices from $650-750 pending on where you find it.

Old 01-06-2007, 07:30 PM
1st Gear

ORIGINAL: XCLR8TT

There are a bunch of different soundclips here
:S didnt work?

Old 01-06-2007, 08:05 PM
2nd Gear

Hmmm... worked a couple of months back. I may have the sound files stored somewhere.

Quick Reply: NEWBIE HERE :) !