Audi TT The Audi TT line, in both the coupe and roadster combines Audi's All Wheel Drive performance with the feel of a European sports car.
View Poll Results: A poll
42 Draft Designs Downpipe
18.18%
W/M Kit
0%
Suspension
72.73%
Brakes
9.09%
Voters: 11. You may not vote on this poll

Next mod opinions needed!

Search this Thread

Old 10-24-2007, 08:43 PM
3rd Gear
Default Next mod opinions needed!

If I were to have a extra ohh lets say 800.00 laying around what do you think my next mod should be? Here are my current mods:

Giac 93/100 tune
Samco TIP
Modshack ****
Modshack BM
4.0 Bar FPR
T-Carbon FMIC
Spec Stage II+ Clutch w steel f/w
Phenolic Spacer
Gas Pedal Spacer (it works trust me)
Borla Cat-Back exhaust (edited)

SAI and N249 are removed along with EVAP.

Your opinions are appreciated!

Old 10-24-2007, 08:51 PM
4th Gear
Default RE: Next mod opinions needed!

DP then brakes... then suspension... then w/m... by then youll need another job too

Old 10-24-2007, 08:53 PM

I keep forgetting about the gas pedal spacer..

Old 10-24-2007, 10:10 PM
3rd Gear

Yea I got bored one day and decided to try it. It really helped me hold boost because for some reason if I push the gas down all the way it bleeds off boost faster than with the spacer.

Old 10-24-2007, 10:36 PM
SoCal Crew Member

i'd go DP > Suspension > brakes > w/m.

but id recommend maintence above all else

Old 10-24-2007, 11:01 PM
2nd Gear

Are you planning on upgrading your turbo in the future? If so, don't bother with the downpipe until you do unless you want to buy two of them. downpipe's arenot interchangeable between turbos. Different turbos have different mounting and placement and the downpipe inlet may be a different place or a different size depending on the turbo.

You should wait until you upgrade the turbo to do the downpipe.

If you can find a suspension kit for under $800, then I'd go that route... but you probably wont. Not if you're looking for coilovers anyhow (adjustable dampening and ride height coilovers >$1,100)

You could however get a front and rear sway, polyurethane bushings, dogbone mount, and DEFCON kit for your suspension for less than $800.

Also, you can get Redstuff performance pads, steel braided lines, and PowerStop Slotted or drilled rotors on front and rear and do all the brakes for right around $800 too.

Personally, I would do the swaybars, bushings, and DEFCON if I were you and had the extra money.

Downpipe needs to wait until after the turbo... and if you plan on going 350+awhp you might as well not go with the brake setup I mentioned because you'll want big brake kit.

**Edit**
If you wanted to get the W/M... you'll also need a Vag-Com cable to see any gains from the W/M.
The W/M kit only costs around $400, but there are quite a few things you'll need to buy seperatrely in order for the kit to work on your TT though (extra nozzles $40, solenoid and dual nozzle upgrade $75, rubber chargepipe adaptersx2 $40)
I calculated all costs for purchasing the kit and it6 came to right about $545. Add $249.99 for the Vag-Com and you have $794.00 (perfect price if you're looking to spend $800)

Old 10-24-2007, 11:14 PM
1st Gear

I vote suspension. VMAXX coilovers are decent from what I hear. It sounds like you are pulling a good amount of power already (although as we all know, you can never have enough.) But my vote is for suspension. Bilstein PSS coilovers can be found for about $950, which is only $150 above your budget. But then, installation and labor... I dunno, but I think the car would be so much more fun to drive, and would look super sexy.

Old 10-24-2007, 11:22 PM
1st Gear

i say suspension...
weather you plan on going big turbo or not suspension is always a nice upgrade... sadly i havent done mine yet on the TT

I myself have some money so just to see what people would say... im gonna post up a poll as well.

Old 10-24-2007, 11:31 PM
2nd Gear

ORIGINAL: M FLYTT

im gonna post up a poll as well.
Why not just read the answers on this poll? I mean... if you post the same poll... you'll probably get the same answers... plus a few smartass remarks about posting the same question. lol

Old 10-24-2007, 11:49 PM
1st Gear

I am sitting here looking at the V-Maxx Kit that came UPS yesterday For the money very pleased with what I am looking at.

here was my logic for the V-Maxx right or wrong it was my logic

1) my 90k mile suspension is in need of a refresh

2) coil overs unless you have other springs to change out with the adjustment of rebound and dampaning then you can't really get the full benifits of the adjustments. Basically for a given spring rate the shock has a most efectiverange of settings. So to keep it all working optimally you need to be able to change the springs also? Have you looked at what that would really cost? the V-Maxx is balanced as is.

3) cost
V-Maxx retail $650 from stratmosphere
replace springs, shocks and struts (rough cost) 700-800
other adjustable coilover kits $1,000-1,800+

this weekend is going to be busy here putting in the V-Maxx kit, pulling the ECU to send out, replacing as much of the vac hoses I can and going to make a list of what looks like it may be next.. lol

I'll let you know how the kit rides

Quick Reply: Next mod opinions needed!