Audi TT The Audi TT line, in both the coupe and roadster combines Audi's All Wheel Drive performance with the feel of a European sports car.
View Poll Results: A poll
YES
33.33%
NO
66.67%
Voters: 12. You may not vote on this poll

Nitrous?

Search this Thread

Old 07-21-2007, 01:07 PM
4th Gear
Default RE: Nitrous?

im pretty sure from apr you can get an intake manifold with or without a throttle body

Old 07-21-2007, 01:14 PM
2nd Gear

Yea... thats what I said. I was asking if I should get it WITH the throttle body... or get it without and get an RS4 throttle body.

Old 07-21-2007, 01:16 PM
4th Gear

oh sorry, i just got the impression you thought it only came with a throttle body... sorry about that

Old 07-21-2007, 01:20 PM
2nd Gear

haha its cool. I think someone said before that you can bore out a 225 manifold and pair it up with a RS4 throttle body for more air flow

Old 07-21-2007, 01:28 PM
3rd Gear

Look for a VR6 TB same size, cheeper price....dont know why.

Old 07-21-2007, 01:29 PM
I'm make believe

ORIGINAL: neur0tic

Nate... with that Intake Manifold from APR, would I be better off getting the throttle body they sell with it or going with the RS4 TB? Is that manifold good bored out or would I be better off porting and polishing and boring a stock 225 manifold?

http://www.goapr.com/Audi/products/m..._manifold.html
That is the APR manifold (everything he has is APR) I think they already use that which is 70mm or 75mm TB. The APR manifold is made in a big port so you have to port your head to match the manifold/gasket for it to work to its full potential. You can smooth out your stock head and manifold and see some improvement. ALso you cant put the RS4 TB on the stock intake, wont fit and if you ported the intake that big, you would lose material around the holes to bolt it up and it would most likely break.

Old 07-21-2007, 01:36 PM
2nd Gear

So basically... there'd be more gain if I got the APR manifold with the APR throttle body and ported my head to fit it?

**Gains would be seem more once the BT upgrade was complete**

Old 07-21-2007, 01:43 PM
I'm make believe

So basically... there'd be more gain if I got the APR manifold with the APR throttle body and ported my head to fit it? Each peice adds more gains. For less work and just as good of gains, get a 007 small port head and larger TB.

**Gains would be seem more once the BT upgrade was complete** very little now, huge gains later

Speaking of TB's, people claim the 225 has a larger TB, anyone want to go measure that for me for final confermation?

Old 07-21-2007, 01:50 PM
2nd Gear

ORIGINAL: cincyTT

So basically... there'd be more gain if I got the APR manifold with the APR throttle body and ported my head to fit it? Each peice adds more gains. For less work and just as good of gains, get a 007 small port head and larger TB. With the Stock manifold, APR Manifold,or a bored out stock manifold?

**Gains would be seem more once the BT upgrade was complete** very little now, huge gains later

Speaking of TB's, people claim the 225 has a larger TB Larger than what? , anyone want to go measure that for me for final confermation? I'm starting to get a little interested in doing my manifold/tb/head/rods now. I may decide to do it before the coilovers but after the exhaust. If I do, I'll measure that **** for ya. I mean ****... I'll have it apart anyway.

P.S. We totally jacked this thread.

P.S. No. 2 I still need to change my signature.

Old 07-21-2007, 01:58 PM
I'm make believe

This is the 007 manifold(its what Ein plans on getting also) Match that with a 70-75mm TB and you are good. You can get it in small port so you dont have to port out your head like the APR manifold.

people say 225 TB bigger than 180 TB's, someone go measure that for me

Porting out your head and manifold to match the gasket (mm's at most) will net some minor gains along with smoothing any casting slags also.

Quick Reply: Nitrous?