Audi TT The Audi TT line, in both the coupe and roadster combines Audi's All Wheel Drive performance with the feel of a European sports car.

pagparts...turbo upgrade

Search this Thread

Old 05-19-2007, 12:20 PM
1st Gear
Default pagparts...turbo upgrade

Thanks cincy for the link to pag parts..... Arnold there sent me an email back and of all the dealers ive emailed has probably been the most helpful. No one elkse seemed like they wanted a sale. He worked up a full kit for me alkl for 4000.00 Not bad...its their software for big turbo so im not sure what that is but he said it dynoed 330 whp on the last one they did @ 22 psi on pump gas.
HPC Coated manifold
GT2871R .64ar
oil feed line kit
oil return line kit
GT Restrictor
coolant line kit
oil pan adapter
oil return flange kit
3" SS Downpipe
3" Aluminum inlet piping set
ss mounting stud kit w/ flexloc ss nuts/nordlock washers
T25 gasket
630cc injector set flowed/balanced
inline fuel pump kit 255lph
software
S4 MAF housing/sensor

Old 05-19-2007, 12:25 PM
I'm make believe
Default RE: pagparts...turbo upgrade

Arnold is a great guy. He does many things for us vortex members and really takes care of his customers. Sometimes it may be hard to reach him, but he will always get back to you and treat you well. I do believe he is using unitronic sw (630's give it away) and the new revision that came out about a month+ ago has shown to be one of the best tunes available. His kits have been shown to be far easier to install than an atp kit and relabilty is never an issue. I promise you this kit will destroy any eliminator kit and be far less difficult to install.

Old 05-19-2007, 12:39 PM
2nd Gear

cincy... I'm also looking into a turbo upgrade. that kit looks like a nice setup. with me being located in Korea, does that kit come with a "loaded ECU" or will I have to mail it back to the states to get flashed? I like the fact that it comes with the downpipe. I hate kits that cost $6899 and still require additional componentsto function properly. *cough*apr*cough*

Also, if I choose to start saving for a big turbo... will I need to beef up my axles, driveshafts, pistons, rods, etc in the meantime while Im saving up? ...or will it be sufficient with the stock stuff?

*Note... I don't race my car (street or track), I actually just like fiddling with it and working on it. It just kind of gives me a hobbie and a sense of accomplishment to do little stuff to it on the weekends or after work. That being said... although I'm looking to up horsepower, torque, handling, braking; it'll still just be a daily driver... only a little bit better than the usual grocery getter.

I'm trying to get coilovers toward the end of this month... and bbk by summer's end, but I'd really like to start saving up for the turbo upgrade and slowly gather the funds and make the purchase once my car can handle the implied power increase associated with the BT.

Old 05-19-2007, 01:10 PM
I'm make believe

cincy... I'm also looking into a turbo upgrade. that kit looks like a nice setup. with me being located in Korea, does that kit come with a "loaded ECU" or will I have to mail it back to the states to get flashed? I like the fact that it comes with the downpipe. I hate kits that cost $6899 and still require additional componentsto function properly. *cough*apr*cough*

You can buy a new ecu for like $300 with the sw already loaded on it and sell your stock one to cover the difference.

Also, if I choose to start saving for a big turbo... will I need to beef up my axles, driveshafts, pistons, rods, etc in the meantime while Im saving up? ...or will it be sufficient with the stock stuff?

Pistons will be more than strong, you can keep the rods it you keep the boost lower on the .64 2871r and scats are only $350 if you want to up it (2000 ATC and 225 rods are stronger than the rest [same rods]). But the clutch is about all you will need to upgrade with the kits.

Old 05-19-2007, 01:17 PM
2nd Gear

ORIGINAL: cincyTT

Pistons will be more than strong, you can keep the rods it you keep the boost lower on the .64 2871r
Low boost is pretty relative. You mean lower than what I'm running on my stock K04? (23½ psi)

Old 05-19-2007, 01:20 PM
I'm make believe

~22psi, but the turbo can run 26-27 overall.

Old 05-19-2007, 01:24 PM
2nd Gear

...but if I choose to run anything that high, the power output associated with it would need upgraded pistons etc. correct?

Old 05-19-2007, 01:30 PM
I'm make believe

rods, not pistons. pistons have done well over 600hp.

Old 05-19-2007, 01:44 PM
2nd Gear

probably not suitable for this thread, but I'll ask anyway.
I'm getting the DEFCON bushing kit from modshack and polyurethane suspension bushings and front sway from ttstuff (might get new front control arms too just to ensure I get the DEFONs and polyurethane bushings all set in there before disassembling my car and cant get to work because it takes too long to put back together. My control arms are friggin beat the hell up and corroded as $hit anyhow.Are there any benefits of getting adjustable rear tie-rods if I'm not lower the car? or would that be solely for camber adjustment?

Old 05-19-2007, 03:50 PM
1st Gear

Yeah he seemed like a nice guy... And the kit looks pretty nice as welll...Although it is not unitronic i asked him he said he coould provide unitronic for me if i wished but they have their own software...thats the only thing that sucks is i have giac right now and they would put that 500.0 towards their x tune...but with their techs tewlling me they dont make it for 2001 for some reason lol w/e I told him soon as i figure out what im payting for taxes next week he will be hearing from me.....

The only thing im worried about is i dont want to lose drivability and comfort just cruisen around....he said i shouldnt notice a change at all until i get on it.

Quick Reply: pagparts...turbo upgrade