Audi TT The Audi TT line, in both the coupe and roadster combines Audi's All Wheel Drive performance with the feel of a European sports car.

Porterfield Brake Pads

Search this Thread

Old 10-27-2004, 11:41 AM
1st Gear
Default Porterfield Brake Pads

I've got the Porterfield R4 S brake pads on my WRX and think they're great. The stock Audi pads dust like crazy as opposed to the Porterfields though I have no other brake complaints. Has anyone here tried the Porterfield pads on a TT?

Old 11-09-2004, 10:22 AM
1st Gear
Default RE: Porterfield Brake Pads

I ordered the pads today directly from Porterfield-brakes.com. Pricing is very reasonable. Next week, I'll put them and and change the fluid.

Old 11-18-2004, 03:43 AM
1st Gear

This post has really drawn a lot of attention, but I hate to start something and not finish it.

The Porterfields went on today with a new charge of ATE Super Blue fluid. I bedded them in a bit and they do stop a lot better than stock. The dust question will take some time to answer. IMHO, the Porterfield R4s is a really bitchin' good brake pad!

Old 11-18-2004, 08:04 AM
1st Gear

And thanks for all of your attention.

Four posts and they're all mine. I thought SOMEBODY would give a ****. I spent $300 to try this out and share the info. Who knows?

Old 11-18-2004, 10:12 AM
6th Gear

wow take it easy, there just really isn't too many TT's on this forum!

Old 11-18-2004, 09:18 PM
1st Gear

Take it easy? I own the WRXFanatics forum. If somebody posts and nobody responds, I always chime in. We're pretty friendly over there, though.

Old 11-18-2004, 09:51 PM
1st Gear

ORIGINAL: Jestnomen

wow take it easy, there just really isn't too many TT's on this forum!

Grammar is important. Try something like this. "Wow, please take it easy. There just really aren't too many TT's on this forum!"

That would be better.

Old 11-27-2004, 01:36 AM
1st Gear

Well, the Porterfields do not dust nearly as much. I've got them pretty well bedded in now and feel better brake response. Modulation has improved greatly and though I have not measured stopping distance, I feel a slight improvment. Further, the brakes over torque the tires now as ABS kicks in on very hard stops on dry road. The stock brakes never sent me into ABS unless the roads were wet.

I'm not going to replace the Pilot sports as they are good tires, but there are improved tires available now. I think the next tire will be the g-force KDW once the Piolts are gone.

Old 12-07-2004, 01:38 AM
1st Gear

I just joined the forum, but I do appreciate your post. I am thinking about replacing my TT's pads and it sounds like you give the thumbs up to the Porterfields. Thanks for the info.

Old 12-13-2004, 06:28 PM
1st Gear

The longer they are on the car the happier I've become with them.

Quick Reply: Porterfield Brake Pads