Audi TT The Audi TT line, in both the coupe and roadster combines Audi's All Wheel Drive performance with the feel of a European sports car.

Is this possible?

Search this Thread

Old 09-10-2007, 01:36 AM
2nd Gear
Default Is this possible?

Can you get a T88 in a TT 225 Quattro Coupe?
Can it be done if you add piping?

lol... The reason I ask...
I went to the races the other night in the TT. (legal Street races on a 2 mile stretch of highway with police presence and time clocks and time boards set up and everything)
It was kinda fun since I don't see much of that over here in Korea but apparently they do it every saturday night. -shrugs-
Quite a few Skyline GTRs, Supras, a Z06, a Zr1 vette, about 12 Porsche GT3s, A few 911 Turbos, a RUF Porsche, A ton of kias and Hyundais (don't scoff, a hyundai avante chewed up a skyline GTR with a 11.2 ¼mile.), my TT, an RS6, and a myriad of M3s, M5s, etc.

One of the Supras was running a T88 turbo and claimed 750-800 RWHP. It was real quick but that turbo is HUGE. anyone know if it'll fit in a TT? haha

Oh btw... one of those GT3 Porsches ate that Z06 up. Neither were stock, but that Porsche cleaned his whistle. (wtf ever that means. lol)

anyhow, anyone know?

**Edit** Btw, I ran a 14.3 in the quarter. Found out shortly after that I once again had a stock vac line blown so maybe my time would have beenapoint or so lowerif I were running 22psi instead of 17psi. -shrugs-

Old 09-10-2007, 01:55 AM
2nd Gear
Default RE: Is this possible?

Well that's really cool that they have legal street races where you're at, if I remember you're in Korea right? Would make sense with large Skyline presence haha.

Too bad they don't have this kinda thing in the U.S. [sm=americanasmiley.gif] go conservatives!!! If they blocked off some stretch of road and held LEGAL street races like every week in places it would keep kids from killing people street racing illegally.[:@]

Anyway a T88? I think with the way our engines are laid out there is no way in hell that thing would fit, unless you chop up your firewall hollow out your dash and have that bitch spooling where your radio used to be!

Not to mention there is no way in hell that thing would ever SPOOL. A conservative estimate would be that it takes 6k for that to spool on a Supra with an I6 that's just over one and a half times the size of our engines [sm=badidea.gif]

Old 09-10-2007, 02:03 AM
I'm make believe

Yeah 3L inline 6 > 1786cc 4cyl (not even 1.8L)

The T88 would be a poor match for a TT. You would have to go with a gt40 and still wouldnt see spool until, if your lucky, just before 6k. So that would leave you just under 2k rpms of spool, that is if you build the head to handle ~8k. But hey, you can have a completly undriveable car and 800whp.

Old 09-10-2007, 02:55 AM
2nd Gear

I was just curious. lol

btw... if a TT is chipped for 93 Oct... and is running on 89 or 91 Oct and has a boost leak keeping it at 17psi instead of the normal 22-23psi....
how much would these variables affect it's performance? Unfortunately, over here in Korea it's very hit or miss when buying gas. They DO have 93 Oct in some places... but you dont know if you're getting it because they do not post the Oct rating at the gas stations. there's one military gas station an hour away that has an ACTUAL guaranteed 93 Oct pump... but otherwise you never know.
*note - never had any knock or cel's. If that matters.

Trying to figure out how much degradation I had with the boost leak and possible substandard fuel.

Old 09-10-2007, 11:33 AM
I'm make believe

To my understanding, timing only gets pulled and not boost.

Old 09-10-2007, 11:56 AM
1st Gear

i ran a 14.9 in my chipped 180 quattro, i think you should def be under 14, anyone want to chime in with your 225 times? get that leak fixed and run 93 oct

Old 09-10-2007, 12:49 PM
I'm make believe

I still dont see to many chipped 225's on here or vortex that breakinto low 14's and no one even running14 flat. Chipped 180 fwd's or VW 1.8t's run roughly the same times.

Old 09-10-2007, 02:33 PM
2nd Gear

The boost leak is from a blown out stock vac line. (those crappy cloth braid covered ones)
I normally run at 22 psi. I was only hitting 17-18psi at the "track".

Nate, I see what you're saying about the timing though. the fuel would do that. How much does timing affect your hp/tq?

Old 09-10-2007, 06:59 PM
I'm make believe

each degree of timing should be anywere from 3-7hp, not sure on the exact amount for sure. But its how many guys have 300whp with a gt28rs and others make 350whp with the same turbo and w/m injection.

Old 09-10-2007, 09:27 PM
2nd Gear

and how exactly do you increase timing? Lemmingwinks is one method correct? that's electronic. Is there an actualy mechanical solution to this?