Audi TT The Audi TT line, in both the coupe and roadster combines Audi's All Wheel Drive performance with the feel of a European sports car.

Quick Update on Unbreaking my car!

Search this Thread

Old 02-06-2006, 11:31 AM
1st Gear
Default Quick Update on Unbreaking my car!

So I got my car back Saturday after I had someone look at it for a while...

1. The grinding, or rubbing, noise that I was hearing is actually the "flex pipe" that the exhuast place "fabricated" for me 2 weeks ago. It is hitting the underside of the car when the engine torqes up anything above normal driving. I'll be calling them today to rip them a new one and demand that they fix my sh$* [:@]

2. I guess that the "knuckle" (not control arm?) that actually connects to the car, above the rear wheel is bent He told me to take it to my local VW guy but does anyone know what this is about, or even which part I am trying to explain? I guess the wheel, brakes and what not are hanging off of this "knuckle" thing

Old 02-06-2006, 11:45 AM
Default RE: Quick Update on Unbreaking my car!

flex pipe simple job you can get universal and easly fitted "no welding" just clamps- best way because of the expense to replace them,

http://images.google.co.uk/imgres?im...lr%3D%26sa%3DN

other?? im guessing anti roll bar/sway bar links
http://images.google.co.uk/images?q=...ar+links&hl=en

Old 02-06-2006, 11:53 AM
1st Gear

ORIGINAL: avant80@2.6
flex pipe simple job you can get universal and easly fitted "no welding" just clamps- best way because of the expense to replace them,
- Yeah, I kind of let myself get taken on this one a little. But now, i've already paid him to take care of it, so it's on him to fix it now...

other?? im guessing anti roll bar/sway bar links
- I left out a fairly important detail, the guy that looked at it also told me that it looks like the car was in an accident or something... Nothing came up on the carfax and to the naked eye (at least mine) I can't tell. Anyway, he said he thinks the car was hit from the side and that's why this thing is bent and also why the wheel has camber...

Old 02-06-2006, 12:02 PM

wheel could have been curbed "doughnuts and speed bumps" are the biggest cause an "accident" is a big word

Old 02-06-2006, 12:06 PM

a picture of the offending item would be nice[sm=Flahssssss.gif]

Old 02-06-2006, 12:08 PM
1st Gear

good point... well, I'm gonna go deal with this exhaust thing this week, then dropping it off at the VW guy...

This is getting funny: Got the car on 1/17/06 and drove it home. By the 22'nd it was at the exhaust shop, was at the other place getting looked at from the 31st to the 4th... and I'm gonna drop it off tomorrow... then when I get it back it's going to the VW guy.... yikes...

a picture of the offending item would be nice[sm=Flahssssss.gif]
- Yeah, i'm gonna try and get a pick when the exhaust guy has it on the lift...

Old 02-06-2006, 08:45 PM
5th Gear

I have alignment issues too, but I have a bent rim as a nice accessory, so the culprit is pretty obvious.

Let the record show, it WAS NOT me that bent the rim. I have more brains than that.

Old 02-13-2006, 01:25 PM
1st Gear

This weekend I picked up a new battery because the damn thing was cranking slow, too slow. What's funny is that ALMOST EVERYTHING that eveyone said would/wouldn't happen turned out to be the opposite.

1. I *DID NOT* have to do anything with my Radio. ACTUALLY, the preset stations were still setup.

2. My power windows are fine. In fact, they are working a little better now

3. My CEL ***DID GO OFF*** (although it came back on within about 25 miles of driving)

4. I **DID NOT** have to re-code my key/key fob

Also, I tossed in a K&N OEM style AirFilter. The stock (probably original) filter was soooooooo nasty when I pulled it out. I banged it up against the side of the garage to see if any of the dust fell out and it was just as black as it was when I pulled it from the motor...

As for the "knuckle" or whatever that is supposedly bent, I called the VW guy about it and he basicly told me to just go and get 4 tires and an allignment and that I would find out most of what's wrong from doing that...

I got some new wiper blades too!!!!! Whooo!!!

About tires, what are the CHEAPEST set anybody here would go with. I am anticipating them wearing quickly because of different suspension issues. What should I get just to get me by for now?

Old 02-14-2006, 09:00 PM
5th Gear

Not the cheapest, but definately loud, I have BFG G-force T/a's wearing well, but like I said, really loud. $125 a piece from tirerack. They're wearing really well, dispite my alignment troubles. Have I posted at all about the K-MAC kits you can get that should be able to eliminate just about any alignment problem you would have?