Audi TT The Audi TT line, in both the coupe and roadster combines Audi's All Wheel Drive performance with the feel of a European sports car.

Rear light tints

Search this Thread

Old 07-03-2008, 08:30 PM
1st Gear
Default RE: Rear light tints

hmm

any one know the ohio laws on doing this to your car?

Old 07-03-2008, 09:21 PM
1st Gear

Ya I just ordered my taillight tint's for mine. I ordered them from ebay. A buddy of mine here in town used to have a TT and that's where he got his so I decided to go with ebay. Hopefully they will be here soon, the tracking number is being kinda weird.

Old 07-03-2008, 09:23 PM
1st Gear

tint cover

do these work well?

Old 07-03-2008, 11:09 PM
SoCal Crew Member

Those works. Kinda a pain to put on though. I had those on my car, and took it to my tint guy. He did it in like 45 minutes (his first time). I was there watching him and felt it was a pain in the @$$ to install.. At the edge of the tint, you won't get it nice n smooth. Since the tail lights are convexed in certain areas. Also there possibly will be an air bubble issue. Mines had that problem where you can see that there was something underneath the film (only on close inspection). The good thing about this is they peel off farily easily leaving no residue.

If I were to tint the tail lights again, this time around I would just have them sprayed (leaving the reverse light clear). Price is about $125 to $150.

Old 07-04-2008, 03:47 AM
1st Gear

Use Lamin-X. its a 2mm film thats applied to the outside. i used it on mine and it looks really good. its protects the lense and wont fade. they have their own website wit details about the products. they sell different shades and colors.I will try to post a few pics in the morning. the stuff stretches easily for curves and has a strong adhesive. you can lift it off the lense for a few hours before it starts to set. over a week period it starts to set in and looks better every day. i paid $50 to do both lights but that was buying it from a local tuning shop.

Old 07-04-2008, 10:36 AM
1st Gear

their site looks kinda sketchy... there aren't any actual photos on any TT lights with the Lamin X applied, looks like a computer drawing of just the shape of the film. There's nothing showing the darkness or quality of the tint

Old 07-04-2008, 11:28 AM
SoCal Crew Member

It is dark. The tint I had on b4 came from them. It's not that they don't have a pic of it on their website. It's just tricky to find. I had same problem when I first ordered it.

Old 07-04-2008, 12:30 PM
2nd Gear

ORIGINAL: myxyzxo
At the edge of the tint, you won't get it nice n smooth. Since the tail lights are convexed in certain areas. Also there possibly will be an air bubble issue. Mines had that problem where you can see that there was something underneath the film (only on close inspection).
Any good tint guy can do them no sweat. They have to cut the film in sections to fit the angle of the lens.

Old 07-04-2008, 05:49 PM
2nd Gear

I had mine done by a body shop.He uses window tint paint for model cars, then clear coats. 100% perfect and never fades.

Old 07-05-2008, 07:19 PM

ORIGINAL: TheBlackPearl

tint cover

do these work well?
I didnt get these, but I did get mine from a "store" on ebay and THEY SUCK ! haha really though, if you dont think you can do it then take buy them and take them to your local tint guy, or use their tint. It was a PITA, didnt work and I emailed the guy and he gave me some bull about it. Tint can be easy, but you gotta be careful and if you want it to look nice and last.. get someone who knows what their doing.
just me .02, i tried and lost my money cause i tried to half-*** it

Quick Reply: Rear light tints