Audi TT The Audi TT line, in both the coupe and roadster combines Audi's All Wheel Drive performance with the feel of a European sports car.

Running a FMIC with the front plate on

Search this Thread

Old 07-25-2007, 09:51 AM
Default Running a FMIC with the front plate on

So this might be a lame question but has anyone thought about the negative effect of running a FMIC and keeping the front license plate (US plate, not Euro plate) on? I'm planning to install a FORGE FMIC and am realizing that the front license plate obscures a decent portion of space for air to come in for the FMIC. Yes I can pull the plate but then risk a ticket (here in Colorado front plates are required). Another option might be to remove the OEM plastic license plate bracket and only mount the plate, which would allow a little more air to pass through. Thoughts?

Old 07-25-2007, 10:37 AM
3rd Gear
Default RE: Running a FMIC with the front plate on

I have seen them mounted on the drivers side you just kind of zip tie up your plate to the plastic or can make some type of mounting bracket for it. I will see if I can dig up some pics.

Old 07-25-2007, 12:05 PM
SoCal Crew Member

or you can always put your plate on the passenger side dash/windshield. i'm a ricer at heart [sm=Awwww.gif]

Old 07-25-2007, 12:19 PM
3rd Gear

Haha I still got a ticket when I did that in my Cavalier, guess it has to be able tobe seen from the road. Damm Smokeys!

Old 07-25-2007, 12:37 PM

In Colorado (especially in Denver where they enforce it a lot more regularly), you will stil get a ticket for it being in the windshield. It is supposed to be securely fastened to the front bumper.

Old 07-25-2007, 01:46 PM
2nd Gear

I see GTI's with offset front plates all the time online, never seen it on a TT though, reckon it'd look pretty goofy. Maybe strap it to the lower grill somehow...

Old 07-25-2007, 01:46 PM
2nd Gear

we have the same thing here in Ontario. the only time you are allowed to have the plate on your windshield is when u dont have a bumper LOL and you will get a ticket for driving an usafe vehicle instead of a plate ticket lol... seriously its a paid. but i was a Vdub N audi meet yesterday and saw a corrado with the plate secured to the bottom of the bumperon driver side. It is like what 225TT sd. I was actually thinking about doing that cuz i hate the plate on the misddle of the bumper GRRR [:@]

Old 07-25-2007, 01:49 PM
I'm make believe

your not hurting performace any by having your plate there. Its more of an asthetic thing. Even if you only have a 1/3 of it exposed. the whole core is still cooling the charge.

just a small rant. i hate seeing srt-4 guys that put there license plates under the bumper and on the fmic, so stupid.

Old 07-25-2007, 02:27 PM
2nd Gear

ORIGINAL: cincyTT

your not hurting performace any by having your plate there. Its more of an asthetic thing. Even if you only have a 1/3 of it exposed. the whole core is still cooling the charge.

just a small rant. i hate seeing srt-4 guys that put there license plates under the bumper and on the fmic, so stupid.
They do the same around it it's like they think "hey I paid a grand for this & I don't even know what it does."

Old 07-25-2007, 03:16 PM
SoCal Crew Member

imho, license plates take away so much beautyfrom your front end... kind of like a huge mole on a gorgeous face .

Quick Reply: Running a FMIC with the front plate on