Audi TT The Audi TT line, in both the coupe and roadster combines Audi's All Wheel Drive performance with the feel of a European sports car.

Signal Relay & Engine Cooling Relay. PLEASE HELP!!

Search this Thread

Old 09-07-2010, 03:57 PM
Default Signal Relay & Engine Cooling Relay. PLEASE HELP!!

I have a 2003 Audi TT FWD. My signals stay on but do not blink on make noise. They just stay stationary. It did this about a month ago and then after a week it turned back on. How do I fix it?! Also my Engine cooling fan is not kicking on at all and my car starts to overheat. How do I fix these?

Old 09-08-2010, 01:11 PM
1st Gear

Turn singnal relay is part of your 4-way flasher button, needs to be changed, not cheap easy fisx fan not kicking on, drivers side or pass side fan? does it kick on with the a/c on?
I just changed my fan which was the drivers side large, I changed the temp sensor,fan relay switch/sensor and I bought the control module which I did not need but bought anyway, it's 9yrs old..
Did you check the fuses atop the battery? Check those then see exactly which fan is not kicking on!. tTen check those relays and fuses last but not least the control module..
let me know and I will help as much as I can...good luck

Old 09-08-2010, 01:15 PM
1st Gear

Vag-Com will tell you prob exactly what the problem is, I do not have one so I went with eliminating process,
When was the last time you changed your T-belt kit with metal impellar water pump?

Old 09-09-2010, 03:53 PM

The fan on the left side of the car. I was told its my engine cooling fan, but I did't know if there was some relay or wire I could reset. If I check the battery fuses, which one do I pull?

Old 09-09-2010, 04:02 PM
1st Gear

burnt out wire

big fan is engine and the smaller fan kicks in when really hot and also runs after car is turned off as a cool down....... also check fuse #16 side panel drivers side

Old 09-10-2010, 07:52 AM
1st Gear

In reference to NorthD's photo my fuses atop the battery in particular the fuse on the far left was fried, So I changed the whole electrical plate that sits atop the battery,
Purchased at the stealership for like $100

Old 09-10-2010, 10:42 AM
1st Gear

Originally Posted by coachvtt
In reference to NorthD's photo my fuses atop the battery in particular the fuse on the far left was fried, So I changed the whole electrical plate that sits atop the battery,
Purchased at the stealership for like $100
by the way coach I tried calling you on the post you needed help.....

as this all seems so familiar.....

any way for this post coach has got the ball....

L8R.....

Old 09-10-2010, 03:15 PM
1st Gear

Yes! I did get your message and thanks NorthD, I did replace the large fan from e-bay and the fan switch and the fan control module which I did not change, so i still have that new in the box for a later date...Thanks again!

Old 09-11-2010, 04:19 PM
1st Gear

Originally Posted by coachvtt
Yes! I did get your message and thanks NorthD, I did replace the large fan from e-bay and the fan switch and the fan control module which I did not change, so i still have that new in the box for a later date...Thanks again!
are you going to APR's BAR-B-QUE 10/09/2010???????

Old 09-12-2010, 10:31 AM
1st Gear

Originally Posted by NorthD
are you going to APR's BAR-B-QUE 10/09/2010???????
I certainly would like too, but I can't plan ahead, Single Father and all.
So I will def look into it!

Quick Reply: Signal Relay & Engine Cooling Relay. PLEASE HELP!!