Audi TT The Audi TT line, in both the coupe and roadster combines Audi's All Wheel Drive performance with the feel of a European sports car.

Tcarbon FMIC vs Forge Motorsport FMIC 180 HP Quattro

Old 07-27-2007, 09:38 AM
2nd Gear
Default Tcarbon FMIC vs Forge Motorsport FMIC 180 HP Quattro

I was wondering the following:

1.) Who here has a Tcarbon FMIC , What does the kit come with? (the item discription is so minimal its not even funny)What is the level of difficulty to install? ( i know u have to divert the DV)

2.) Is the Intake Manifold on the Forge kit bigger? or is the point just to have the intake manifold point the opposite direction?

any tests or comparrisons?

Sorry for th eflood of questions, im just not sure if i want to buy the tcarbon one right now or save up for the Forge.

Old 07-27-2007, 11:37 AM
I'm make believe
Default RE: Tcarbon FMIC vs Forge Motorsport FMIC 180 HP Quattro

No one has a 180 tcarbon kit. Hell the website has no pics or real discribtion of it. As for the forge, its just comes with a 225 manifold (ups the cost) which is the same as a 180, just flipped, so no gains there. The ARP kit will be cheaper than the forge kit and still handle 350whp.

Old 07-27-2007, 12:19 PM
2nd Gear

I have the tCarbon FMIC for the 225.

Although I love my tCarbon FMIC.. if you plan on going with really high end performance later... you're probably better off with the Forge from what I've heard. Personally... I don't think the tcarbon will perform too much less... but I dont know ****.

Old 07-27-2007, 12:34 PM
2nd Gear

[:'(]is what i think of the website description lol. i emailed them so lets see what they have to say.

Thats what i thought about the IM. im very curious as to what the kit will include. im gonna venture a guess and say that it is almost the same as the 225 tcarbon kit, except i have to add the DV reloc kit.

Old 07-27-2007, 12:40 PM
2nd Gear

the on I have on mine... for the 225, I was actually VERY impressed with it. I kind of expected it to be substandard a little and figured I'd need to get a forge or APR when i went big turbo and was just gonna use this one until then. However, this thing was DEFINITELY quality. I give it 2 thumbs up. For the price... this is a top notch FMIC. I definitely recommend it for anyone that plans on keeping HP below 400HP unless you go above that... you dont need the ones that are twice as much. this thing friggin rocks

Old 07-27-2007, 01:11 PM
1st Gear

There may be neglible performance differences, and yes, I heard that the tCarbon core is a bit thicker than the Forge's.. but in my opinion, the Forge, O.CT and Del Rio FMICs make the tCarbon FMIC look like a little radiator. Because I care about aesthetics, the $600 for the tCarbon is not worth it, especially if you're going to keep it exposed. The Forge, in particular, fills the nearly the entire lower grille, while the tCarbon looks a tad awkward.

Old 07-27-2007, 01:29 PM
2nd Gear

Yea i'm gonna just go with a K04-01 or try to get my hands on a Super K04. cuz they bolt right in (no all out customized work). So i think i should be fine.

Old 07-27-2007, 01:34 PM
I'm make believe

ko4-001, nottechnically and upgrade for an 01+ (same dimensions)

"super" ko4, you mean e05b? It is suppose to be direct bolt on and flow the same lbs/min as a ko4-20/22/23.Anything past 18psi will break the shaft and also take it out of effiency.

You want a nice small turbo, get a t3 60 trim kit. Spools almost like stock and can make up to 300whp

Old 07-27-2007, 01:40 PM
2nd Gear

ORIGINAL: gravitt

There may be neglible performance differences, and yes, I heard that the tCarbon core is a bit thicker than the Forge's.. but in my opinion, the Forge, O.CT and Del Rio FMICs make the tCarbon FMIC look like a little radiator. Because I care about aesthetics, the $600 for the tCarbon is not worth it, especially if you're going to keep it exposed. The Forge, in particular, fills the nearly the entire lower grille, while the tCarbon looks a tad awkward.
You're saying that the look of it is worth the extra $600? actually... since he's got a 180... the difference between the tCarbon and Forge are almost $900( That's a lot of money just for like 2 more inches in height, 3 more inches in width, and 1 LESS inch in thickness... imo). my mistake (The tCarbon is $599 and I believe the Forge is close to $1499)lol
the tCarbon does fill up the entire center grille. I mean... you can see the ends... but it covers the grille almost exactly. In my picture, you can see the end of it because it's at an angle.
I guess if you're looking for pure aesthetics, you could go one further and get a FMIC sticker and put it behind the grille for like $40. I think for a medium to semi-high end setup, the tCarbon will suit you fine.

If it completely filled up the grille and you couldn't see anything but the center of the core... people WOULD think it was a radiator. lol Since they wouldn't be able to see any hoses or end caps.

just my $.02

Old 07-27-2007, 01:45 PM
I'm make believe

^ look at his tcarbon and now look at a forge below. That not much "full'er"

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Tcarbon FMIC vs Forge Motorsport FMIC 180 HP Quattro