Audi TT The Audi TT line, in both the coupe and roadster combines Audi's All Wheel Drive performance with the feel of a European sports car.

tell me what do i need? half or full kit?

Search this Thread

Old 02-10-2008, 02:57 PM
Default RE: tell me what do i need? half or full kit?

I,m sorry but i cant see why bother w full kit if you can have it for $300
http://www.gocpt.com/products/controlarms.htm

Old 02-10-2008, 05:38 PM
5th Gear

How 'bout the full KMAC rear kit is $279 regular price, and those arms are $300 for a limited time.

Old 02-10-2008, 10:15 PM
1st Gear

i tried to align my tt but i dont know the specs for the rear, i just put the rears to -3 degreesto the left rear and -4 degrees to the right rear. does anybody knows the spec?

Old 02-11-2008, 12:04 AM
1st Gear

I have just bought a 1/2 a kit to go with my FSD/Eibach kit. I think this should be enough since it only lowers the car a little over an inch. My question is: how difficult is it to install the KMAC kit? Is it something I can do on jack stands or would it be better to have a pro do it?

Old 02-11-2008, 05:20 PM
5th Gear

Simple as hell.

Involves removing 3 bolts per side if you're doing uppers. The 2 that bolt the control arm in place, and a subframe bolt. The bolt head gets in the way of backing out the inboard control arm bolt, thats the only reason that comes out.

Grease all the kmac stuff up with the supplied grease, press it together in the control arm, and reinstall.

Toughest part is getting the arm out/in, the trailing arm wants to move, and you need to pull it out/down to make enough distance to get the control arm where it needs to go. I get the bolt in place on the inboard side, then pull out on the top edge of the rotor and usually have my brother push the control arm down into position.

Old 02-11-2008, 05:26 PM
4th Gear

Gramps and I used a cherry picker to get the arm back into position... Your way sounds more reasonable!

Old 02-11-2008, 10:31 PM
1st Gear

ORIGINAL: achTTung

Simple as hell.

Involves removing 3 bolts per side if you're doing uppers. The 2 that bolt the control arm in place, and a subframe bolt. The bolt head gets in the way of backing out the inboard control arm bolt, thats the only reason that comes out.

Grease all the kmac stuff up with the supplied grease, press it together in the control arm, and reinstall.

Toughest part is getting the arm out/in, the trailing arm wants to move, and you need to pull it out/down to make enough distance to get the control arm where it needs to go. I get the bolt in place on the inboard side, then pull out on the top edge of the rotor and usually have my brother push the control arm down into position.
I think the 1/2 kit only does the lower control arms?? Are they just as easy to do? Also how difficult are the old bushings to get out?

Old 02-12-2008, 01:09 AM
1st Gear

if you are doing it without pneumatic tools (impact gun) it takes forever bro. i put first half kit on the upper and then i ended up buying another half (thanks to shox.com for just charging me the difference between full and half kit)and i installed it to the lower one. i hope thats where it goes.

Old 02-12-2008, 05:23 PM
5th Gear

Sure its faster with air tools, everythings faster with air tools. You don't NEED air tools for this job though, its a couple bolts at what, 50'ish ft/lbs?

Old 02-12-2008, 08:34 PM
1st Gear

So if I only use 1/2 a KMAC kit where do I put it? Upper or lower CA's?

Quick Reply: tell me what do i need? half or full kit?